Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Bernardo returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernardo returns

I have been trying to log in to the 'regular' Britmovie page on and off for some time and found this via facebook while planning my own movie site so I am so pleased to find somewhere that I can share my taste for my style of cinema. So hello especially to the familiar names I see.

Originally posted by Bernardo View Post
    I have been trying to log in to the 'regular' Britmovie page on and off for some time and found this via facebook while planning my own movie site so I am so pleased to find somewhere that I can share my taste for my style of cinema. So hello especially to the familiar names I see.
    Hello again Bernardo

Where were you trying to go to on the 'old' BritMovie site?
    https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/ now redirects you to the 'new' BritMovie site

Steve

Comment

What do you have in mind for your own movie site? (these things interest me)

Comment

Wearysloth:- hello again. Now I have found an outlet here I have pigeon holed the idea which was to form a group on Facebook who have 'enthusiasts' home cinemas (not basement Odeons in Chelsea). Another disincentive as far as facebook is concerned is evidence of other failed attempts. Good thing was found my way here via the Britmovie link on facebook. Often planned a big screen environment for my British DVD collection especially since Network have released new prints. I can now enjoy my collection almost as it was intended to be watched.

Comment

Facebook is great if you have already established a small group who can 'tell a friend' otherwise you would be better of with a forum just like this one! Once the dust has settled here I might start a second that caters for my website and those of friends and affiliates (e.g. movie-dude.co.uk, eyeforfilm.co.uk, lordheath.com, lifeinlegacy.com)

Comment

Wearysloth:- hello again. Now I have found an outlet here I have pigeon holed the idea which was to form a group on Facebook who have 'enthusiasts' home cinemas (not basement Odeons in Chelsea). Another disincentive as far as facebook is concerned is evidence of other failed attempts. Good thing was found my way here via the Britmovie link on facebook. Often planned a big screen environment for my British DVD collection especially since Network have released new prints. I can now enjoy my collection almost as it was intended to be watched.
            Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Facebook. You can't have a conversation under a particular topic like you can on a proper forum like this one. All that most people do on Facebook is just to say that they "Like" something without giving any reason as to why or what they like about it.

But if that's all that you want, then go for it

Steve

Comment

Agree Steve, now back in this forum I can get my information and 'fix' here amongst those I rate as knowledgeable with opinions I respect. Sounds a bit sycophantic but true all the same.

Comment

Working...
              X