Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Hello from the USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the USA

Hello everyone, not sure how much I'll post here but I'm from the USA and love The Beatles and old films. A friend told me about this forum and as an American getting into British Cinema I thought it might be nice to join. The last DVD box set I purchased was the complete Carry On collection which was shipped from the U.K. to me in the USA. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. Nice to hear someone from the USA enjoying the Carry On films, as I always understood they never really caught on in the States, apart from perhaps a couple of the very early ones.

Comment

Carry on Nurse was a huge hit and that may have been it. I remember my mother describing it to me when I was a kid. For its day the jokes were a little racy at a time American comedies were mostly Doris Day stuff.

Comment

Good to see you here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtsaltandpepper View Post
            Hello everyone, not sure how much I'll post here but I'm from the USA and love The Beatles and old films. A friend told me about this forum and as an American getting into British Cinema I thought it might be nice to join. The last DVD box set I purchased was the complete Carry On collection which was shipped from the U.K. to me in the USA. Thanks!
            I too have recently joined BritMovie and am enjoying it so far. I am pleased you are also a Carry On devotee like moi. Have you had a look at my Carry On quiz on the Let's Carry On thread. Would welcome your participation. PM me if interested.

Comment

Working...
            X