Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Thanks Wearysloth/Honcho ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Wearysloth/Honcho ?

Just to say many thanks to Wearysloth for starting this new website,all your hard work much appreciated

Thanks! I keep forgetting to sign in as wearysloth, I should just be using honcho for admin stuff.

Comment

Muchly thank you's Wearysloth.

Unfortunately my therapist doesn't feel the same way - she was looking forward to an overseas trip from the proceeds of my expected treatment if the old site closed and nothing replaced it.

And I love being called a "Junior Member" - it's a long while since I was a junior anything !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post
        Just to say many thanks to Wearysloth for starting this new website,all your hard work much appreciated
        May I second that too. Now, if I can just find a away of deleting Albums ... any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post
          And may I third it!

It's very exciting watching all the members joining here from Britmovie I, and we have at least one new member too - Barry's nephew, which is fantastic. It's also really good seeing the posts starting to build up here as the changeover evolves, but I also want to say a big thank you again to Steve for his hard work on Britmovie I and keeping it going over the last few months while this is happening.

When the time comes to make a donation, please let us now how as I would really like to contribute. It won't be much I'm afraid as I am unemployed, but I really want to do my bit and express my gratitude when I can.

Comment

Many thanks for setting this site up - much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
              And I love being called a "Junior Member" - it's a long while since I was a junior anything !!!
              I know what you mean Arthur - I had just managed to get over 100 posts on the old forum even though I had been a member for 9 years ish,it had been a case of too many forums - too little time
              But now I am retired I am watching more films,and more time to post.

Comment

Great to see this continue folks. Well done wearysloth for keeping the data.

Comment

Thanks to the team for doing this - it must have taken a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
                    Everyone starts off on the new site as a Junior Member (except for the Mods) with a clean slate

Steve

Comment

Steve, what is the price comparison of hosting fees for this new site versus the old site? I don't recall the numbers offhand...

Comment

Originally posted by rjd0309 View Post
                        Steve, what is the price comparison of hosting fees for this new site versus the old site? I don't recall the numbers offhand...
                        The old site now charges £330.00 per month.
                        It used to charge £590.40 per quarter before being taken over by FirstServ

wearysloth tells us (in the old forum) that this site costs us just $39.95 (£32.13) per month

Steve

Comment

Much gratitude for keeping Britmovie alive guys. BTW - how can I choose a default font style and size for my postings?
                          Last edited by alan gowdy; 28th February 2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan gowdy View Post
                            Much gratitude for keeping Britmovie alive guys. BTW - how can I choose a default font style and size for my postings?
                            Just write it in plain text. I don't like all of the FONT & SIZE settings. I delete them whenever I see them

If something is too small for your aging eyes them make it larger in your browser

Steve

Comment

Excellent - thanks Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X