Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Hello from the Harbor City of Sydney.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Harbor City of Sydney.

This may be a touch late but I joined this excellent site two weeks agao and am loving it. The members are friendly and as a quiz nut I am delited that they are embracing my games. I look forward to posting together with you on a variety of subjects and seeing you on my games too. Call me spookie or cfm. Bye all.

Welcome cfm, and greetings just up the road from you in Newcastle. Maybe one day if we can get enuff local Britmoviers we can have a gatherin'.

Comment

And a warm welcome from me too.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
        Welcome cfm, and greetings just up the road from you in Newcastle. Maybe one day if we can get enuff local Britmoviers we can have a gatherin'.
        And I'm about half way between the two of you at Bonnells Bay!

(Sydney-born and raised.)

Comment

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Great to meet some fellow Aussies. These forums seems to be dominated by Yanks and Brits. The main beauty of this is we are all in the same time zone.
          Last edited by chillingfilmania; 6th September 2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
            And a warm welcome from me too.
            Thank you Carl. Are you Brit or American or from elsewhere. If you have already told me then forgive my forgetfulness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

And I'm about half way between the two of you at Bonnells Bay!

(Sydney-born and raised.)
              Sounds like a great idea ALJ. Where is Bonnells Bay Miss Brahms?

Comment

Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post

Sounds like a great idea ALJ. Where is Bonnells Bay Miss Brahms?
                Lake Macquarie, a little south of Toronto, on the Morisset peninsula.

Wadsy is somewhere in Sydney, too.

Comment

Thank you Carl. Are you Brit or American or from elsewhere. If you have already told me then forgive my forgetfulness.
                  Yes, I'm a Brit cfm. I currently live in Cheshire.

Nice to see a few Australian members here - I didn't realise we had any if I'm honest, apart from cfm.
                  Last edited by Carl V; 6th September 2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

Yes, I'm a Brit cfm. I currently live in Cheshire.

Nice to see a few Australian members here - I didn't realise we had any if I'm honest, apart from cfm.
                    I have a lady friend who lives in nearby Liverpool Carl. She loves driving to Cheshire. Lived there once I believe. Met a couple more Australians on the new Television Game thread yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Lake Macquarie, a little south of Toronto, on the Morisset peninsula.

Wadsy is somewhere in Sydney, too.
                      A lovely part of our great state..the Central Coast.
                      Last edited by chillingfilmania; 7th September 2017, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I have a lady friend who lives in nearby Liverpool Carl. She loves driving to Cheshire. Lived there once I believe. Met a couple more Australians on the new Television Game thread yesterday.
                        I haven't been to Liverpool for a quite a long time - where I am, it's probably about an hour and a half's drive away. The Peak District is quite close (part of it falls under Cheshire but the majority is in Derbyshire), and here I spend quite a lot of my spare time doing photography.....a hobby of mine.

Comment

A lovely part of our great state..the Central Coast.
                          We're just out of the CC really. Lower Hunter.

Comment

I worked in Sydney for a short while ..use to take the double decker train over the bridge in the morning and evening.
                            Last edited by Bert Quark; 8th September 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

And of course Googie Withers lived in Sydney I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X