Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

I'm new!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new!

Hello good people!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's old parsnip and i'm a big fan of old skool british film and television! I'm 37 and from the north east of england, i love old hammer horrors, cff films, whatever happened to the likely lads, old documentaries, dads army, minder and loads more! Favourite bands include the small faces, the jam, pink floyd, lee scratch perry and again loads more! I'm looking forward to reading through the forum and contributing

Welcome OP, from what you say about yourself I think you'll find yourself right at home here amongst this group of reprobates, albeit lovable ones.

Comment

haha cheers arthur! I'm a self confessed reprobate too

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thanks wadsy!

Comment

Welcome to the forum madhouse Old Parsnip.

Comment

Thanks Metro1962

Comment

Welcome from me, too, Old Parsnip. You seem to be quite a bright spark - nice to "meet" you.!

P.S. I'm curious about your choice of name.

Comment

A "bright spark" hhhmmmmmmmm i hope that's a compliment!

You won't believe where my name comes from.....it's very random! My wife's pregnant with our first child and she's absolutely drained and very green around the gills these days god bless her, so I've taken over the cooking in order to make sure she's getting as much fruit and veg as possible. I was raking through the cupboard where we keep our veg and found an old, stale parsnip. I picked it up and thought to myself "what a fine old parsnip". I can promise you i don't normally go around gazing at rotten veg but the dark wrinkley lines etched into it's skin had a really weird charm! I chucked it straight into the bin but really wish I'd taken a photo of it now Anyway, I was sitting around bored to tears waiting for my casserole to cook and suddenly remembered that i used this website a couple of times when i was at uni. I looked it up again, realised my profile had been deleted and decided it would be a great new username!
                  ........the end. hahaha i hope you haven't nodded off with my old parsnip essay, by the way the casserole tasted blooming great!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Parsnip View Post
                    A "bright spark" hhhmmmmmmmm i hope that's a compliment!

You won't believe where my name comes from.....it's very random! My wife's pregnant with our first child and she's absolutely drained and very green around the gills these days god bless her, so I've taken over the cooking in order to make sure she's getting as much fruit and veg as possible. I was raking through the cupboard where we keep our veg and found an old, stale parsnip. I picked it up and thought to myself "what a fine old parsnip". I can promise you i don't normally go around gazing at rotten veg but the dark wrinkly lines etched into it's skin had a really weird charm! I chucked it straight into the bin but really wish I'd taken a photo of it now Anyway, I was sitting around bored to tears waiting for my casserole to cook and suddenly remembered that i used this website a couple of times when i was at uni. I looked it up again, realised my profile had been deleted and decided it would be a great new username!
                    ........the end. hahaha i hope you haven't nodded off with my old parsnip essay, by the way the casserole tasted blooming great!
                    Yes, I meant "bright spark" in a positive sense.

I enjoyed your parsnip story. Pleased to hear the casserole turned out well - your wife will be wanting to get pregnant more often!

Let us know when she has the baby.

What name did you have in the old forum?

Comment

Ah thanks Shirl! It's due in April so I'll let you know. My old name was something like "byebyebadman" with a picture of george best but i only made a few posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Parsnip View Post
                        Ah thanks Shirl! It's due in April so I'll let you know. My old name was something like "byebyebadman" with a picture of george best but i only made a few posts.
                        Right, so still a few months to go yet. Keep her healthy with the fruit and veg. Best wishes to you both.

Comment

Working...
                        X