Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Hello from Yorkshire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Yorkshire

Newly joined.
    A definite fan of British cinema. Creating a home cinema at the moment with mainly British films of the 30s-40s-50s-60s. a large number of films already sourced and installed in my cinema system, but I am here to find forgotten gems and those really hard to find films. Of course I am also here to talk cinema and improve my cinematic knowledge.

Ey up from a fellow Yorkie.

Comment

A Yorkie with a Lancastrian as his avatar

Comment

• Darran67
        Darran67 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like to be diffrent

My mum was a Lancastrian and I think my dad's family goes (way) back to Yorkshire - this explains a lot.

Comment

I'm quietly residing in Yorkshire, having spent most of my life in London.Dad was born in Huddersfield though, while Mum's family had Lancastrian roots.

Comment

• Darran67
          Darran67 commented
          Editing a comment
          quietly residing sounds like heaven. Im surrounded by noisy pheasants a noisy donkey and an owl that lives in the old tree at the bottom of the garden.

Any of you Yorkshire people in or near York? (With pheasants and a donkey, probably not!)

Comment

• Darran67
          Darran67 commented
          Editing a comment
          40 miles from york. Another nice part of the country to be in.

Originally posted by zither View Post
        Any of you Yorkshire people in or near York? (With pheasants and a donkey, probably not!)
        Nah. I moved away specifically so that I can bang on about God's county in exile.

Comment

I'm here in my home town of Whitby, and just to show you what you non-Yorkies are missing, here's a Summer Solstice sunset from a few hours ago taken not far from where I'm typing this (alas I cannot take any credit whatsoever for the beautiful photograph!)

Comment

• Darran67
            Darran67 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your not very far away from me (50 miles). Hornsea is 3 miles from me. It is a quaint part of the world to be in.

• zither
            zither commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been to Whitby only once, a few years ago. We liked it.
        Working...
        X