Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salut les anglais, et autres irlandais, écossais ou gallois !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salut les anglais, et autres irlandais, écossais ou gallois !!

Hello ex-european people !!

I'm from France, and I used to participate on this forum, let's say.... some years ago (how time flies ! ).
    Mostly on the (now gone) game topic, to find films" titles ... and it was lot of fun.
    Now I'm older (you don't say), and I still like those guess(ing) games, but it's not the reason why I connected again.
    Also I hope you're well and in good health in those covidium times.

So this first post is a hot question to the happy fews who know a BBC mini-serie which was done in 2014 or 2015 called Happy Valley. There are only two seasons that were released, and I would like to know if you think that it will re-start one day or if it's over for ever because of a low budget, a low audience ... or some political veto ??

Of course excuse my un-perfect english, but there are now few people in the world who speak the esperanto , including me

Catherine

Click image for larger version

Name:	712Tv0p9BnL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	90189

Hi Catherine! Great to see you back. Are you still in the Pyrenees? Pau, from memory.

Comment

Welcome back Moonfleet, always enjoyed your posts on the old forum.

Comment

Yes I'm still there and happy to live in the country side in those times... well you know.
        Glad to see that you're here, I hope you're fine
        Hoops I forgot Australia in the post title, but mayb e you'll recognize this film capture, it's a very good oz film !!

Comment

First.........
          Attached Files

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
            Shirley Brahms commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the special greeting! Yes, I enjoyed The Sapphires. A very good movie.

Please can you tell how can I post a full size image, which is in my private image file, with my messages ?? I tried but it's now too much sophisticated for a poor french girl like me, and I presume it's still Steve Crook who runs all this with more and more security so that's why !! Ha ha
          Hello Steve.
          Last edited by (wintage) moonfleet; 1 June 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
            Welcome back Moonfleet, always enjoyed your posts on the old forum.
            Hello music man, I'm glad you're still here too !!

Comment

Hello...I'm fairly new, but it is nice to speak to you. I'm not sure whether they will make another. There's a good chance at some point I guess as they were very popular. I know some people in the police force who said they were very realistic on day to day life. I enjoyed them especially the acting and characterisation. Sad to have left Europe but no sour grapes...we may return one day.

Comment

Originally posted by (wintage) moonfleet View Post
                Please can you tell how can I post a full size image, which is in my private image file, with my messages ?? I tried but it's now too much sophisticated for a poor french girl like me, and I presume it's still Steve Crook who runs all this with more and more security so that's why !! Ha ha
                Hello Steve.
                Don't upload from your computer. Write your text first.

Copy the source picture URL (right-click on the source & select Copy image address), on the Image tab above paste in the URL box, click okay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=90198.png Views:	1 Size:	561.7 KB ID:	90212

Comment

Ok, thanks agutterfan

And this pictures are an hommage to the great Michel Piccoli who died the 12 May 2020

Comment

• agutterfan
                    agutterfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I paid my homage to him on the Obituary thread. As Moonfleet knows, the top picture from Benjamin ou Les Mémoires d'un Puceau (which I have), features one of my all-time faves, Catherine Deneuve. It's been a bad year for deaths, Moonfleet, we also lost the great Max von Sydow.
                    Last edited by agutterfan; 1 June 2020, 07:44 PM.

Originally posted by (wintage) moonfleet View Post
                  Hello ex-european people !!

I'm from France, and I used to participate on this forum, let's say.... some years ago (how time flies ! ).
                  Mostly on the (now gone) game topic, to find films" titles ... and it was lot of fun.
                  Now I'm older (you don't say), and I still like those guess(ing) games, but it's not the reason why I connected again.
                  Also I hope you're well and in good health in those covidium times.

So this first post is a hot question to the happy fews who know a BBC mini-serie which was done in 2014 or 2015 called Happy Valley. There are only two seasons that were released, and I would like to know if you think that it will re-start one day or if it's over for ever because of a low budget, a low audience ... or some political veto ??

Of course excuse my un-perfect english, but there are now few people in the world who speak the esperanto , including me

Catherine

Click image for larger version

Name:	712Tv0p9BnL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	90189

Bonjour Moonfleet, Happy Valley was a series that I loved. I thought Sarah Lancashire was terrific in it.

Comment

• (wintage) moonfleet
                    (wintage) moonfleet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello Cassidy, Hope you're well. Yes I saw few episodes on french TV and i was completely hooked at this series !!
                    So I bought the entire two seasons. I just looked on IMDb and it says that a third season was planned for 2018... but nothing came, and I don't think now that something will come. The screenplay was rough, thrilling and dramatic in ideal proportions. Too bad it ends so soon ....
                    I didn't heard of Sarah Lancashire before, and you're right she's a very good actress, as Siobhan Finneran who plays her sister.

Welcome back Catherine!

Comment

Hello Stuart

Thank you, but I'm not "really" back, it's just a visit. Hope you're fine.

Comment

• wadsy
                      wadsy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Catherine. I'm fine so far. Just muddling through & hoping for the best like everyone else.
                      I hope you are well & I hope you visit us more often. It's nice to see you back!

agutterfan commented
                    1st June 2020, 07:33 PM

" I paid my homage to him on the Obituary thread. As Moonfleet knows, the top picture from Benjamin ou Les Mémoires d'un Puceau (which I have), features one of my all-time faves, Catherine Deneuve. It's been a bad year for deaths, Moonfleet, we also lost the great Max von Sydow."

Benjamin... is one of my all times favorites and Catherine D. plays marvellously with "malice" and humour the desired virgin.... It's a very funny film I think.
                    I don't like Bergman a lot but I saw Max von Sydow in other films, RIP.

Last edited by (wintage) moonfleet; 3 June 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X