Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark O

No, I am a bachelor.

I was speaking hypothetically, after all one does not need to be non-white to take umbrage at racial remarks.
    Yes, but you said "my kiddies", you should have just said "kiddies". Although really you should have said "everyone", more adults than kids are affected by drugs

Steve

Comment

He's at it again!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/u...k.html?mcubz=0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Pershing.html

​​​​​​​An gullible idiot or an inveterate liar?

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
        He's at it again!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/u...k.html?mcubz=0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Pershing.html

​​​​​​​An gullible idiot or an inveterate liar?
        A very, very ignorant man. No place in the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

A very, very ignorant man. No place in the White House.
          Ignorant, or evil?

Comment

Ignorant, or evil?
            I wouldn't say evil, can't compare him with Stalin or Hitler, however, he constantly demonstrates he is delusional, and together with ignorance, a quick temper and and a super-inflated ego, that makes him a very dangerous man to be the President of the USA.

Comment

I wouldn't say evil, can't compare him with Stalin or Hitler, however, he constantly demonstrates he is delusional, and together with ignorance, a quick temper and and a super-inflated ego, that makes him a very dangerous man to be the President of the USA.
              I agree with you, arrogant and ignorant but not an evil man

Comment

Ignorant, or evil?
                Ignorant of what?

1. "The British Man's Armchair Guide To How To Run a Foreign Country"?

2. The Laws of Political Correctness, (Britain, 2017 edition)

3. 'The Narabdelian Creed'

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

Ignorant of what?

1. "The British Man's Armchair Guide To How To Run a Foreign Country"?

2. The Laws of Political Correctness, (Britain, 2017 edition)

3. 'The Narabdelian Creed'
                  Never heard of the first two, but I believe that the third was reaffirmed by the Council of Ephesus in 431 A.D.

Comment

Ignorant of what?
                    You name it! Just listen to his own words. He doesn't know basic facts on a vast range of issues and topics. His ignorance shows in just about every tweet and every time he runs off at the mouth. No-one would expect a president to know everything about everything, but Trump knows zilch about nearly everything.

He is ignorant about history, even his own country's history, he is ignorant about foreign policy, he is ignorant about international relations, he is ignorant about geopolitics, he is ignorant about government finance, he is ignorant about the constitution, in particular the limits of his power as president.

Examples, just briefly...

American history:

HE SAID he didn't know why the American Civil War happened.
                    Well then, he didn't pay attention at school, and he doesn't read.
                    "There are probably as many books about the origins of our Civil War as about the origins of World War II.” ~Sarah Churchwell, a professor of American literature at the University of London.

HE SAID President Andrew Jackson had a big heart. Jackson was a slave-owning white supremacist who led a Native American relocation campaign (The Indian Removal Act of 1830).
                    "The relocation process dispossessed the Indians and resulted in widespread death and sickness." ~Wikipedia

Other history: He thinks Napoleon reconstructed Paris. He didn't. That was Napoleon's nephew.

Foreign policy: Well, read it here: http://www.theamericanconservative.c...icy-ignorance/

Quoting journalists:

Then there’s geopolitics. Not only does Trump not know a Shia from a Sunni or the reasons it matters, he also came into office knowing nothing of the thousands of years of relations between China and Korea. Trump said Xi Jinping, the supreme leader in Communist China, schooled him during a recent telephone conversation.

Human beings have thousands of years of experience with taxes and diplomacy and yet Trump lives unaware of the basic principles of government finance and international relations.

Trump’s own words illuminate the undeveloped space between his ears. When political strategists and pundits try to distill a Trump doctrine from his word salad, I often find myself laughing at their folly.

Trump’s own words show he is utterly unprepared for the job of city council member, yet he possesses the nuclear launch codes. Ignorance is not bliss, but death and disaster waiting for the right mix of circumstances.
                    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 19th August 2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

You name it! Just listen to his own words. He doesn't know basic facts on a vast range of issues and topics. His ignorance shows in just about every tweet and every time he runs off at the mouth. No-one would expect a president to know everything about everything, but Trump knows zilch about nearly everything.

He is ignorant about history, even his own country's history, he is ignorant about foreign policy, he is ignorant about international relations, he is ignorant about geopolitics, he is ignorant about government finance, he is ignorant about the constitution, in particular the limits of his power as president.

Examples, just briefly...

American history:

HE SAID he didn't know why the American Civil War happened.
                      Well then, he didn't pay attention at school, and he doesn't read.
                      "There are probably as many books about the origins of our Civil War as about the origins of World War II.” ~Sarah Churchwell, a professor of American literature at the University of London.

HE SAID President Andrew Jackson had a big heart. Jackson was a slave-owning white supremacist who led a Native American relocation campaign (The Indian Removal Act of 1830).
                      "The relocation process dispossessed the Indians and resulted in widespread death and sickness." ~Wikipedia

Other history: He thinks Napoleon reconstructed Paris. He didn't. That was Napoleon's nephew.

Foreign policy: Well, read it here: http://www.theamericanconservative.c...icy-ignorance/

Quoting journalists:

Then there’s geopolitics. Not only does Trump not know a Shia from a Sunni or the reasons it matters, he also came into office knowing nothing of the thousands of years of relations between China and Korea. Trump said Xi Jinping, the supreme leader in Communist China, schooled him during a recent telephone conversation.

Human beings have thousands of years of experience with taxes and diplomacy and yet Trump lives unaware of the basic principles of government finance and international relations.

Trump’s own words illuminate the undeveloped space between his ears. When political strategists and pundits try to distill a Trump doctrine from his word salad, I often find myself laughing at their folly.

Trump’s own words show he is utterly unprepared for the job of city council member, yet he possesses the nuclear launch codes. Ignorance is not bliss, but death and disaster waiting for the right mix of circumstances.
                      Let she who is without sin cast the first stone.

Comment

Let she who is without sin cast the first stone.
                        I think it's pretty obvious that my post was nothing about sin and all about ignorance.
                        It's not a sin to be ignorant.

Comment

...It's not a sin to be ignorant.
                          You are certainly 'casting stones'.

Comment

Not sure I understand the point you are making, jamal. Trump is a public figure, and elected figure at that. His pronouncements should be based on facts, his decisions bawd on reasoned arguments. It's seems perfectly legitimate to point out when neither of these seem to be on place. Shirley's challenge looks valid to me. Do you have a counter argument rather than a criticism of her right to argue?

Comment

Not at all. I merely answered your question, "Ignorant of what?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O
                                The fact Uncle Donnie holds the nuclear 'codes' is an excellent deterrent...

It keeps the peace, always has...

One day the CND brigade will wake up and realise that fact (or maybe not)...
                                You could have a point there, Mark.
                                His temperament is a bit dicey, though, which worries a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X