Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Music

    Bernie Marsden + Micky Moody.... Till The Day I Die (Acoustic )
    2 very talented and melodic guitarists with an impressive CV,lovely acoustic version.

    Bernie Marsden
    Ex Skinny Cat,UFO, Glenn Cornick's Wild Turkey , Babe Ruth,Paice Ashton Lord,Whitesnake (8 Albums),Alaska,Bernie Marsden's Alaska.

    Micky Moody
    Ex including Tramline,Juicy Lucy,Snafu,Moody Marsden Band,Whitesnake,Company of Snakes , Snakecharmer,The Bad Apples.


  • #2
    My favourite band is The Charlatans and it's my favourite musician's birthday today love him. He's like my music equivalent of Barry. He's called Rob Collins and he's the keyboard player in the clip attached. Like Barry he went to the next world far too soon :-(

    Happy birthday Rob xxx
     

    Comment


    • #3
      Arthur Lee and Love - Forever Changes album was released in 1967 and was one of the few albums that I have owned on LP,Cassette and CD as time passed.
      The opening track was Alone Again Or -
      Here is Arthur performing the song on the Jools H show in 2003.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have always admired songwriters who can also write about 'other' stuff - ie not love songs LOL

        Mary Chapin Carpenter surely has one of the loveliest voices ever !
        Here is her (lovely) song about a small town in Carolina...



        Comment


        • #5
          Just one more LOL
          I had the great privelege of seeing Tony live in the basement of a Glasgow pub last year.
          He had just flown in from the states and had driven up to Glesgie from manchester but was still note perfect
          He played this tune - lovely

          Tony McManus - "Gnossiennes -- No. 1 - composed in the 1890s by French pianist Erik Satie.



          Comment


          • #6
            Check out
            Last edited by agutterfan; 25th February 2017, 11:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              And here are my two favourite songs of last year (managed to find out how to post videos!)

               
              Last edited by agutterfan; 18th March 2017, 12:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                 
                Last edited by agutterfan; 18th March 2017, 12:36 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Harpsichord Heaven - 3rd time lucky...
                   

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
                    And here are my two favourite songs of last year (managed to find out how to post videos!)
                    Glad you worked it out : ) - sorry didn't see your message in time to be of any help.

                    rgds baz

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Currently working my way through some CD's in my collection that havn't been played for sometime. The best of Free being played last night.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One of the few Bowie songs I really liked,I really rated the late Mick Ronson as a guitarist - what a great band

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In the car a week or so ago - Oysterband came round randomly on the usb stick - Shouting End Of Life was one of their best albums.

                          I have seen this band many times over the years and they are excellent (not seen them for 6 years now)

                          Here is a rather older song recorded in 1992,



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BVS View Post
                            In the car a week or so ago - Oysterband came round randomly on the usb stick - Shouting End Of Life was one of their best albums.

                            I have seen this band many times over the years and they are excellent (not seen them for 6 years now)

                            Here is a rather older song recorded in 1992,




                            Gosh! I've seen them...20 times I think! They are terrific live, aren't they?

                            saw them in Barcelona in 1996 (I think) and went to their anniversary gig in Kentish Town about 10 years ago.

                            My favourite track is If We Could Leave Right Now

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LadyKat View Post



                              Gosh! I've seen them...20 times I think! They are terrific live, aren't they?

                              saw them in Barcelona in 1996 (I think) and went to their anniversary gig in Kentish Town about 10 years ago.

                              My favourite track is If We Could Leave Right Now
                              They are terrific live - I must have seen them 15ish times - the last time was at Towersey 2010 - they were great with both acoustic and electric music

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X