Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We start this wintry Saturday with Joni Mitchell's delightful Chelsea Morning, from her second LP Clouds (Reprise 1969). Listeners on both sides of the pond would have been familiar with this song, as it was a big hit single for Judy Collins in the U.S.A. and also featured on the debut LP by Fairport Convention.

Comment

• Quilt are a band completely new to me (http://www.quiltband.com/). They're a four piece psychedelic indie band from Boston, Massachusetts (home of much fine music). This is the official video for their third single Arctic Shark (Mexican Summer 7" 2013), which can also be found on their second LP Held In Splendor (Mexican Summer 2014).

Comment

• Rainy Day was a one-off project, a 'supergroup' made up by various members of Los Angeles' Paisley Underground scene. It released one LP, Rainy Day (Lama Records 1984), all covers as it was a tribute to the scene's various influences. From it here's a wonderful version of the Bob Dylan song (made famous by Nico) I'll Keep It With Mine, with The Bangles' Susanna Hoffs on vocals and Mazzy Star's David Roback on guitar. Hope you like it.

Comment

• Sun Kil Moon (http://www.sunkilmoon.com/bio.html) was a continuation of Mark Kozelek's band Red House Painters which is now a purely solo effort. This is his cover of the Modest Mouse song Neverending Math Equation, which features on Sun Kil Moon's second LP Tiny Cities (Caldo Verde 2005), entirely composed of songs by Modest Mouse.

Last edited by agutterfan; 1st February 2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• We finish today with one of my favourite bands, as regular listeners will attest, Wye Oak. From their 5 track E.P. My Neighbor / My Creator (Merge 12"/CD 2010) here are two excellent songs, the title track itself and then we end with I Hope You Die. Hope you like them. Until next week ...

Comment

• This song never seems to sound dated - so atmospheric - I have loved it since it first came out

Riders on the storm.

Comment

• Poor Chris Rea has had a tough time with health in the last 20 years : (
                Lots of great CR music to choose from ...

Comment

• It never ceases to amaze me what pops up on youtube
                  Paris 1968 - although of course it isn't 'live' - great to see some great bands,Peter Green lets Jeremy Spencer take the limelight on F Macs 2nd and 3rd songs -
                  inc. The Who - The Small Faces - Booker T. & The M.G. s - Pink Floyd - Joe Cocker - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - The Troggs - The Equals

Comment

• R.I.P Mark e Smith

Comment

• agutterfan
                      agutterfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OMG - that's terrible news!

•  

Comment

• And probably my Number one Fall Track

Comment

• agutterfan
                        agutterfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It references their previous song "Hip Priest" from the "Hex Enduction Hour" LP.

• Originally posted by BVS View Post
                      It never ceases to amaze me what pops up on youtube
                      Paris 1968 - although of course it isn't 'live' - great to see some great bands,Peter Green lets Jeremy Spencer take the limelight on F Macs 2nd and 3rd songs -
                      inc. The Who - The Small Faces - Booker T. & The M.G. s - Pink Floyd - Joe Cocker - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - The Troggs - The Equals

That line up of Fleetwood Mac was the best ever! Well that's my opinion anyway!!.......Joe Cocker & the original Grease band are the best thing on the clip...& it is live!!
                      Last edited by wadsy; 27th January 2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Mark E Smith 1957 - 2018.

Now nobody's going to ask him, what did he mean in the song .... ?

Comment

• A Tangerine Dream compilation - only 6 tracks!

Comment

• We start today with the continuation of our musical history tour through the career of one of rock music's most influential woman artists, Joni Mitchell. By the time of her third LP Ladies Of The Canyon (Reprise 1970) she was widely known and respected as a songwriter, mostly known due to other artists covering her songs. This album established her as a recording artist in her own right. It was her most successful so far, due to the single Big Yellow Taxi and generational anthem Woodstock (a festival she did not actually attend), and this song (originally recorded by Tom Rush), my personal favourite from the LP, the exquisite closing track The Circle Game.

Comment

Working...
                            X