No announcement yet.

Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our indie Brit punk single comes from Dewsbury West Yorkshire band Psykik Volts and their debut single and sole release Totally Useless (Ellie Jay records 7" 1979), notice the sample from Swan Lake, probably inspired by PiL's Death Disco (the band later became Poptones, after the PiL song), but you can also spot Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King in the mix too.

Comment

• Next up, Tindersticks, a British alt-rock band formed in Nottingham in 1991, and this is Let's Pretend, from their third studio LP Curtains (This Way Up 1997). Wonderful.

Comment

• Our tour through rare U.K. pop-psyche songs from 1968 comes to an end with this double-bill. Turnstyle were a Kent trio featuring songwriter Mark Ashton on drums. They only released one single, Riding A Wave c/w Trot (Pye 7" 1968) and split up in 1969 with Mark joining Rare Bird. Here are both sides in all their glory. Hope you like them. But never fear, the 60s are never far from my virtual turntable, so this won't be the last 60s rarity I'll post. Until next week ...

Comment

• R.I.P. Spencer Davis. I saw him in concert in Sydney about 10 years ago. His band were on a tour of clubs along with Paul Jones & the Manfreds.
          The Manfreds just played the old hits but The Spencer Davis Group played some great old blues numbers along with the hits!
          They were a proper working band!

Last edited by wadsy; 21 October 2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• That's very sad news wadsy, here's the Rolling Stone tribute https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tuary-1078226/, and my own.

Comment

Working...
            X