Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Erin Moran 1961- 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Erin Moran 1961- 2017

    Oh dear how very sad, the actress Erin Moran who starred in Happy Days has died...sometimes I get caught up with the illusion that those who have been in something successful are made for life and have some elite knowledge in knowing actually how to play the game of life.
    The Daily Mail is a dirty word for many but it does seem to know what happened. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-aged-56.html

  • #2
    R.I.P. Erin........

    Loved Happy days in my teens.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bert Quark View Post

      The Daily Mail is a dirty word for many but it does seem to know what happened. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-aged-56.html
      The Daily Mail doesn't know what happened. It makes a headline of "suspected heroin overdose" and then says "a source" said so. Twelve hours after the DM's report, NBC reports, "An autopsy is pending and there is no indication of cause of death, the sheriff''s office said." So, if some mysterious "source" suspects a heroin overdose it's not even worth mentioning because it's nothing more than a guess. No doubt the DM is its own source. It might turn out to be right, but is jumping the gun somewhat.
      Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 24th April 2017, 09:36 AM. Reason: grammar

      Comment


      • #4
        Erin was lovely........


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mark O View Post
          Erin was lovely........
          She was indeed, and that's a lovely photo. She had a beautiful smile. Sad that she's gone before her time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, very sad news. For people of a certain age and generation, this was such a huge show.

            Comment


            • #7
              Various stories in various media sources - history of substance abuse, she and her husband had been evicted from the trailer park where they lived, Winkler had provided periodic financial support from time to time, and so on. The sad price of fame, some very sad images on Google images. Hopefully now at peace, was not a big fan of HDays but always found the Joannie character cute.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Guardian obituary

                https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...moran-obituary

                Nick

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

                  The Daily Mail doesn't know what happened. It makes a headline of "suspected heroin overdose" and then says "a source" said so. Twelve hours after the DM's report, NBC reports, "An autopsy is pending and there is no indication of cause of death, the sheriff''s office said." So, if some mysterious "source" suspects a heroin overdose it's not even worth mentioning because it's nothing more than a guess. No doubt the DM is its own source. It might turn out to be right, but is jumping the gun somewhat.
                  I've heard it was "aggressive throat cancer"...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "The cause of death was released on Monday in a joint statement from the Harrison County Coroner’s office and sheriff’s department."

                    “A joint investigation into Mrs. Moran’s death was conducted by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department and the Harrison County Coroner’s office,” the statement reads. “A subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer. Standard toxicology tests were performed and the results are pending however no illegal narcotics were found at the residence.” -various media reports.

                    The Daily Mail should apologise.

                    ....










                    I don't know why they are calling her Mrs. Moran. She was Mrs. Fleischmann.


                    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 26th April 2017, 03:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                      The Daily Mail should apologise.

                      ....



                      Yes, pigs might well fly before the Daily Mail ever apologises for anything without a court order.
                      They should really apologise for everything that they've ever published

                      I don't know why they are calling her Mrs. Moran. She was Mrs. Fleischmann.
                      Using her stage name?

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                        Yes, pigs might well fly before the Daily Mail ever apologises for anything without a court order.
                        They should really apologise for everything that they've ever published



                        Using her stage name?

                        Steve
                        Yes, but it should be "Miss". You can't put "Mrs." in front of a maiden name!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

                          Yes, but it should be "Miss". You can't put "Mrs." in front of a maiden name!
                          That's why a lot of people now use Ms. instead of Miss or Mrs. With so many unusual partnership arrangements these days, it isn't always easy to tell.

                          I wonder if the journalist copied the press release/ police announced correctly?

                          I must admit that I didn't notice the use of Mrs.

                          Steve

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                            "I don't know why they are calling her Mrs. Moran. She was Mrs. Fleischmann.
                            Probably just another example of sloppy so-called journalism from a classic tabloid rag.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No rogue journalists this time. It was posted on the facebook page of the Harrison County Sheriff's Department.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X