Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Queen and/or Prince Philip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Queen and/or Prince Philip

    I know it's early morning hours in the UK but one of our local newspapers ( Newcastle NSW) is reporting an emergency meeting at Buck Palace called at 3am of all royal staff from all over England.

    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/46...palace/?cs=303

    http://www.smh.com.au/world/queens-s...04-gvyk0k.html

    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/queen-elizabeths-entire-staff-called-to-highly-unusual-emergency-meeting-at-buckingham-palace/news-story/f4713452396863eff2dc2a4dc7997215
    Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 4th May 2017, 05:52 AM.

  • #2
    (Posted with caution)
    TV news media in Australia are reporting an 8am (UK time) embargo on any news reporting, but unconfirmed reports of the death of Prince Philip.
    Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 4th May 2017, 05:53 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      From the BBC.

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39801908

      A scheduled meeting.

      Nick

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh well, gave the tabloids something to get into a frothy frenzy about .....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
          Oh well, gave the tabloids something to get into a frothy frenzy about .....
          This is really no surprise, he is 95. Nothing personal, but will this really effect the country? They'll just pass his duties onto another one of them (then they can travel the world on their yacht or in a plush limo carrying out important work, whatever that is!).
          Last edited by Faginsgirl; 4th May 2017, 12:13 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well done Phil The Greek! I would like to thank you for the wonderful war service and the tireless work you have done to help promote this little Island at home and around the world for the last 70 odd years. Also your own Award Scheme which is still a fantastic organization for young people. Long may it continue like your good self.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
              (Posted with caution)
              TV news media in Australia are reporting an 8am (UK time) embargo on any news reporting, but unconfirmed reports of the death of Prince Philip.
              Wild, and inaccurate, tabloid speculation or just guessing

              Steve

              Comment


              • #8
                What a fuss they make. He's retiring, that's all!

                What from exactly, I'm not sure......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Long lunches and dinners.Can you imagine how many portions of roast chicken he has eaten in the course of his travels.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fake news. The news media sells newspapers. They will do anything to get you to purchase their newspapers. At his age, I am not one bit surprise he has to finally retire from his royal duties. The Queen will have to eventually do less in her current age, let's face it, it happens to all of us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toscana View Post
                      Well done Phil The Greek! I would like to thank you for the wonderful war service and the tireless work you have done to help promote this little Island at home and around the world for the last 70 odd years. Also your own Award Scheme which is still a fantastic organization for young people. Long may it continue like your good self.
                      Well said, a wonderful man of good taste . I believe his choice of whiskey is Famous Grouse which has my wholehearted approval !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                        I believe his choice of whiskey is Famous Grouse which has my wholehearted approval !
                        Famous Grouse is a blended whisky. I prefer a great single malt like Glenmorangie

                        Steve

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

                          Wild, and inaccurate, tabloid speculation or just guessing

                          Steve
                          [ ...] One of the above
                          [ ...] Some of the sabove
                          [ X ] All of the above

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            To be fair, there was no fake news from the media, nothing inaccurate. What the media did was announce a special meeting at Buck House, but in such a way as to promote speculation. Wild speculation and a frothy frenzy, yes, but from social media.



                            Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                            What a fuss they make. He's retiring, that's all!
                            What from exactly, I'm not sure......
                            Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                            Long lunches and dinners.Can you imagine how many portions of roast chicken he has eaten in the course of his travels.
                            By his own admission: "The world's most experienced plaque-unveiler".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                              To be fair, there was no fake news from the media, nothing inaccurate.
                              Well, not much anyway. One UK tabloid "accidently" released the story of his death (which was quickly retracted .... but it was out there), and one Newcastle (Australia) FM station did report "rumours" of his death on their news web site..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X