Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Americans right to know, Canadians right to privacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans right to know, Canadians right to privacy

On the internet, type in my life.com. this web site including other simular web sites, let you snoop into personal informations of any resident of the United States. Information such as criminal records, financial records, phone numbers , resident addresses, here in Canada, Canadians have right to privacy, No such web sites, such as my life.com exist in Canada.

That's because we here in America cherish our freedoms and the freedom to sell any piece of information in a government or private database.
    Except medical data, you can't get medical data out of them even if it might save your life.
    Last edited by Wearysloth; 11th November 2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

I've just heard on the News that Canada is to legalise Marijuana next year...

Will it be a good thing ?...

Comment

Concerning the website, My life.com. Many Americans have logged suits against this firm for releasing personal information about their personal lives

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
          Concerning the website, My life.com. Many Americans have logged suits against this firm for releasing personal information about their personal lives
          I'm not surprised! What you have described in your first post is a gross invasion of privacy.

Comment

I’m not surprised. When Ammericans aren’t reaching for thei gun they usually reach for a lawyer, not realising that in any court case the only people who win are usually the lawyers

Steve

Comment

Concerning my
              life.com and simular web sites, not only do they reveal personal information ,quite often, it is not true. Example, My niece and her husband live in the U.S. According to this web site, their religion, Jewish. Not so, My niece is anglin and her husband, catholic. The cars they drive , according to the web site, cadilacs. Not so, My niece drives a BMW and her husband, a Kia. Never have they owned cadilacs. Her profession realestate apraiser, true, his profession, works for Honneywell. Not true. He is a chemist with his own store.
              Last edited by Eric7885; 27th November 2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

My friend who lives in the states told me that you can re-claim your account and change all the information on it. There was one that was almost similar...i think it was called reunion.com or something. I would say that if you live in the states...don't even try going to these sites!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post

My friend who lives in the states told me that you can re-claim your account and change all the information on it. There was one that was almost similar...i think it was called reunion.com or something. I would say that if you live in the states...don't even try going to these sites!
                  The new(ish) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regulations give EU citizens the right to have all or any data held about them by any web site reviewed & possibly removed if they want.
                  I'm not sure if the ex-colonials in the States & Canada have a similar system

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

The new(ish) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regulations give EU citizens the right to have all or any data held about them by any web site reviewed & possibly removed if they want.
                    I'm not sure if the ex-colonials in the States & Canada have a similar system

Steve
                    Ah okay. Have you got a useful link on this topic mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post

Ah okay. Have you got a useful link on this topic mate?
                      Look up GDPR on Wikipedia
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...ion_Regulation

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                        Thanks Bro!

Comment

Working...
                        X