Former Britmovie Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Britmovie Members

I wonder if any of you ever think of members of the old Britmovie site who need are fast becoming a distant memory ?

I often wonder what became of Captain Waggett and what happened to Barbara, the great Dirk Bogarde fan?
    Last edited by darrenburnfan; 6th December 2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I'm in contact with both of them via faceBook.

Comment

They must have decided not to rejoin the forum then, Nick.

Comment

Or they rejoined under a different alias

Steve

Comment

What happened to Batman?

Comment

I seem to remember that Captain Waggett posted that she had changed her name after she returned following an illness.

Comment

She's not on here. And Barbara's a rare siting.

Comment

My mate Merton Park has just celebrated his 70th Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                    What happened to Batman?
                    I've often wondered that.

Comment

I keep in contact with Catherine the original (French) Moonfleet!

Comment

Originally posted by moonfleet View Post
                        I wonder if any of you ever think of members of the old Britmovie site who need are fast becoming a distant memory ?
                        Hey Moonfleet - I often think of you! Didn't realise you had re-registered. How are things in the Pyrenees?

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                        What happened to Batman?
                        Batman re-registered as Pykey, but rarely posts.

I miss Barbara and Waggers, and MarkyB.
                        MarkyB re-registerd but has never posted.

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
                        I keep in contact with Catherine the original (French) Moonfleet!
                        Oh, so this is not Catherine?

Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 7th December 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Other old regulars I wonder about who don't appear to have re-registered (but might have done so under a different name) are torinfan, billy farmer, Brief Encounter, golightly, Sam Kydd, James Fox, icetorch; the great Patrick McGooahn fan Moor Larkin, the great Jenny Agutter fan fellwanderer, the great Barbara Stanwyck fan Ray; Stevie Boy, Windthrop, Bruiser15, Mrs Emma Peel, Arfur Teacake, dremble wedge, Wicked Lady, SirOllyBolly, Jaycad; moderators Smudge and Penfold.

Anyone in touch with Harry Fielder?

John Llewellyn Moxey is both missing and missed.

Then there are the ones who did rejoin but don't post any more - Rob Compton, EarlB, Bernardo, Dame Starry, susanduic, moderator Christoph404, and scenesixty, who was having health problems, including shingles. Hope he's OK.
                          Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 10th December 2017, 11:44 AM. Reason: Added susanduic to the list

Comment

I've seen postings from Smudge on the Facebook group "British kitchen sink films and other 50s/60s gems."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                              Other old regulars I wonder about who don't appear to have re-registered (but might have done so under a different name) are torinfan, billy farmer, Brief Encounter, golightly, Sam Kydd, James Fox, icetorch; the great Patrick McGooahn fan Moor Larkin, the great Jenny Agutter fan fellwanderer, the great Barbara Stanwyck fan Ray; Stevie Boy, Windthrop, Bruiser15, Mrs Emma Peel, Arfur Teacake, dremble wedge, Wicked Lady, SirOllyBolly, Jaycad; moderators Smudge and Penfold.

Anyone in touch with Harry Fielder?

John Llewellyn Moxey is both missing and missed.

Then there are the ones who did rejoin but don't post any more - Rob Compton, EarlB, Bernardo, Dame Starry, moderator Christoph404, and scenesixty, who was having health problems, including shingles. Hope he's OK.
                              Hi Shirley , I have really, especially since Captain Waggett left remained, an observer rather than a contributor, and sometimes go to comment on something, but think no you dont want to get yourself banned, so remain silent...but still interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X