X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark O
    • Feb 2017

Christmas 2017..........

Merry Christmas.........

Last edited by Mark O; 29 December 2017, 10:01 AM.
  • Shirley Brahms
    • Feb 2017

Comment

• Mark O
      • Feb 2017

Fans of the legendary Fanny Cradock, may be interested in showings of her mid-70's Christmas programmes, are on BBC download and schedules.

No faffing abbout like present day TV cooks, she just gets on with the job in hand, the old ways are the best ways.

Comment

• wadsy
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Mark O
        Fans of the legendary Fanny Cradock, may be interested in showings of her mid-70's Christmas programmes, are on BBC download and schedules.

No faffing abbout like present day TV cooks, she just gets on with the job in hand, the old ways are the best ways.
        Is Johnny on there with her, polishing off some Christmas beverages?

Comment

• Mark O
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by wadsy

Is Johnny on there with her, polishing off some Christmas beverages?
          Lol, not in these 70's programmes, they're only short 15 minute ones, with basic sets.

It's no doubting Fanny wore the trousers in their household........"Not in the Albert Hall Johnny !!"....

Comment

• Duncan
            • Nov 2017

Hahaha. That's the spirit! Merry Christmas everybody.

Comment

• Judge Foozle
              • Aug 2017

Bringing the Christmas Carol up to date
              Christmas Story slideshow with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's "Shepherd's Pipe Carol", which is amazing!Arranged by John Rutter

Comment

• agutterfan
                • Jan 2017

for some refreshing honesty ...

Comment

• Tonch
                  • Feb 2017

Talking about refreshing honesty....it's time some of those cheesy Xmas pop lyrics told the TRUTH! (to the tune of Shaky's 1985 hit "Merry Christmas Everyone"):

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                    Shirley Brahms commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bravo Tonch, excellent!
                • Carl V
                  • Mar 2017

I can't go through Christmas without hearing Allan Sherman's 'The 12 Gifts of Christmas':

Disclaimer: This video was not intended for any personal gain, only for entertainment purposes and fan appreciation. I own some of the photos but not the son...

Comment

• kergulen
                    • Mar 2017

Here's a British ad i found - i posted it on the ff net forums but got no response - about the Nativity scene... did they have to to put all those pearl necklaces on that young girl? Maybe they were trying to make the costume look homemade? I think most angels might take exception to the idea that they wear pearls.

Morrisons Christmas Advert 2017 - Free FromOur Christmas adverts tell the story of three families and highlight the skills of our foodmakers and shopkeepers....
                    https://youtube.com/v/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by kergulen
                      Here's a British ad i found - i posted it on the ff net forums but got no response - about the Nativity scene... did they have to to put all those pearl necklaces on that young girl? Maybe they were trying to make the costume look homemade?
                      Oh heavens, picky, picky! It's just little children enjoying dressing up! A typical school nativity, done all over the western world every year; been going on for decades.

I think most angels might take exception to the idea that they wear pearls.
                      Perhaps you could check with the ones you know? While you're about it, also ask what they think about the tinsel headdress and the tinsel-tipped wings. I mean...... TINSEL! Really!! Surely they would take exception to that!

Comment

• kergulen
                        • Mar 2017

Note: poke tongue right through cheek next time!
                        https://youtube.com/v/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

• Judge Foozle
                          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms

A typical school nativity, done all over the western world every year; been going on for decades.

Perhaps you could check with the ones you know? While you're about it, also ask what they think about the tinsel headdress and the tinsel-tipped wings. I mean...... TINSEL! Really!! Surely they would take exception to that!

Yes, there was a piece on one of the papers the other day about a nativity play in Stevenage, I think it was. Several weeks ago the 9-year old children were cast for their roles, and Andrew was determined to play Joseph, and stretched his arm out of its socket shouting: "Miss, miss, me miss, please, please...." She cast another boy and made Andrew the inn-keeper.
                          There were lots of rehearsals and a couple of "dry runs" and all went well. On the night of the performance, with the Mayor in the front row, it was going well until Joseph and Mary arrived at the inn. The inn-keeper answered the door, and Joseph said: "Is there any room at the inn?" The inn-keeper replied: "Well, Mary can come in but you can p*ss off, because I should have been Joseph." Curtain.

Comment

• Tigon Man
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Mark O
                          Looks like the Queen has already had her Christmas prezzie, bless her............

The bloke behind Her Maj, looks as though he's just enjoyed his Christmas dinner and everyone else's as well...

Comment

Working...