Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Starting a Blog or live Streaming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Blog or live Streaming.

Has anyone an idea how hard it is to blog or live stream. This is from someone who has trouble with phone apps, so be gentle and break it to me slowly as I do not want to be put off to quickly, thanks.

wix.com or wordpress.org are fairly easy way of getting a blog going. Setting up the blog is mostly painless. Getting an audience to follow you is the problem. Facebook can be a sort of blog and you can livestream on it too.
    What do you have in mind?
    Find a blog you like and name drop it and I'll tell you how they did it.
    This is a wordpress one that a friend of mine does
    http://avonnalovesgenres.com/

Comment

I have a few ideas I want to try but one is on showing people how to play the lottery to give them more of a chance.
      I also want to make a visual story of a couple of things that I need to get off my chest so its out there.
      For me I have got to the point where if I dont try, it will play on my mind what could have been.
      Will check the above out, its a good starting point, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Soap Talk View Post
        I have a few ideas I want to try but one is on showing people how to play the lottery to give them more of a chance.
        The trouble is that I had maths lessons, so I never play the lottery.
        If you want to waste your money, go ahead. But you stand more chance of winning on the horses or dogs - even if you know nothing about those beasts

Steve

Comment

By the time you do win you will be to old to enjoy it.Anyway the football pools used to be far more fun.That's a way of life that's completely disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
            By the time you do win you will be too old to enjoy it. Anyway the football pools used to be far more fun.That's a way of life that's completely disappeared
            I still do the Pools, but know nothing about football. I just put the same numbers in every week and cross my fingers.

I did Powerball for the first few years using the same numbers, then decided the odds were too ridiculous, so I quit. Three weeks later, I missed out on a second division prize of around $6,000!

Surely the only way you can improve your chances is to put more entries in - um, maybe a few hundred thousand?
            But then, some lucky winners have only put in a single entry.
            It's all in the luck of the draw.....

Of course, there's a foolproof way of winning. All you have to do is pick the numbers that get drawn.
            Are you going to be selling crystal balls via your blog, Soap Talk?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
              The trouble is that I had maths lessons, so I never play the lottery.
              If you want to waste your money, go ahead. But you stand more chance of winning on the horses or dogs - even if you know nothing about those beasts

Steve
              And that is why I want to do it, I know the odds and have played it since 1994. Between 94 and 2014, I used to make a profit of £3K to £10K a year. I was one of the biggest gamblers in London in the 90's and have nothing to show for it. You do not have to tell me, having run GA in the past, I really have been there, seen it and done it.
              The football pools are still going but no shop keepers want to handle the money and coupons now and there's no profit in it for them anyway.
              Did you know that Camelot state figures for winning on a scratchcard as low as 1 in 8 when the true figure is 1 in 50. I tried to prove this fact years ago but was blanked by Camelot and the Lottery Commision, who are powerless by the way.
              I would like to know what type of video camcorder would be good enough to film with working on the fact there is not a budget more of a guide to buying as and when funds are there. Is green screen a good thing to look at for background, lighting, microphones?
              Do you need website and domain name?
              What size computer ?

I really am starting from scratch but have to try. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                I still do the Pools, but know nothing about football. I just put the same numbers in every week and cross my fingers.

I did Powerball for the first few years using the same numbers, then decided the odds were too ridiculous, so I quit. Three weeks later, I missed out on a second division prize of around $6,000!

Surely the only way you can improve your chances is to put more entries in - um, maybe a few hundred thousand?
                But then, some lucky winners have only put in a single entry.
                It's all in the luck of the draw.....

Of course, there's a foolproof way of winning. All you have to do is pick the numbers that get drawn.
                Are you going to be selling crystal balls via your blog, Soap Talk?

Of course the more you outlay the more you increase your chances of winning but only one at a time. Its how you play which is important.
                Playing the same numbers week in week out is the football pools way to me. I would always change numbers every single draw just to start with and dont get into knowing your numbers off by heart.
                Camelot ( the Lottery) will not publish figures on how many play the same numbers weekly or what the most heavily played numbers are.
                Fact is that is that if in one week all 6 numbers and the bonus are 31 and under, then the payout will be very very low. Recently there was a week when 6 said numbers came out and 5 numbers which used to pay on average £1000 to £4000 when the lottery was a £1, shocked many as it paid far less than expected even though the price of a ticket had doubled to £2.
                That week 5 numbers paid £15
                3 numbers paid £25, funny game this lottery.
                Forget crystal balls, I sat on jury service a couple of years back and got one of the juries I sat on playing it my way. 3 won £10 for 3 numbers for the first time ever and 1 got 4 numbers which was about £80.
                I just think the more people play the way I say, the more chances there will be to win for some. If you play something and never win, what have you to lose.
                One of the best games on the lottery for me is the Hotpicks. Most people dont even know what it is. Do You?
                Last edited by Soap Talk; 12th January 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Of course the more you outlay the more you increase your chances of winning but only one at a time. Its how you play which is important.
                  Systems entries give you a better chance of winning something, but cost a lot more, which obviously means you are risking more. (I'm in Australia - don't know if you have the same thing there.)

Playing the same numbers week in week out is the football pools way to me. I would always change numbers every single draw just to start with and don't get into knowing your numbers off by heart.
                  I honestly can't see how that makes any difference to whether or not you have a win.

Camelot ( the Lottery) will not publish figures on how many play the same numbers weekly
                  Sorry, but what would be the point?

or what the most heavily played numbers are.

Fact is that is that if in one week all 6 numbers and the bonus are 31 and under, then the payout will be very very low. Recently there was a week when 6 said numbers came out and 5 numbers which used to pay on average £1000 to £4000 when the lottery was a £1, shocked many as it paid far less than expected even though the price of a ticket had doubled to £2.
                  That week 5 numbers paid £15
                  3 numbers paid £25, funny game this lottery.
                  Surely 1 to 31 would be the most heavily played numbers because so many people select numbers that are family birthdays?

As for the pay-out figures, you need to look at the full Division Prize Pool amount, then see how many winners it was shared between.

Increases in ticket prices don't mean the prizes will increase. They lie about that! It's pure greed.

Forget crystal balls, I sat on jury service a couple of years back and got one of the juries I sat on playing it my way. 3 won £10 for 3 numbers for the first time ever and 1 got 4 numbers which was about £80.
                  And how much did they outlay before winning the grand amount of £10?

Subtract your outlay from your prize and then see what you've actually won. Same goes for the pokies, the scratchies, Keno.

I just think the more people play the way I say, the more chances there will be to win for some.
                  No-one is in it to win small prizes. We're all in it for the big'un! I often win small amounts. You could say they just go towards future entries - exactly like playing the pokies, which I would never do! Figure that one out, haha.

If you play something and never win, what have you to lose?
                  Oh Soap Talk, I can't believe you asked that question!

One of the best games on the lottery for me is the Hotpicks. Most people don't even know what it is. Do You?
                  No, but I just did a quick google. We don't have it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Systems entries give you a better chance of winning something, but cost a lot more, which obviously means you are risking more. (I'm in Australia - don't know if you have the same thing there.)

I honestly can't see how that makes any difference to whether or not you have a win.

Sorry, but what would be the point?

Surely 1 to 31 would be the most heavily played numbers because so many people select numbers that are family birthdays?

As for the pay-out figures, you need to look at the full Division Prize Pool amount, then see how many winners it was shared between.

Increases in ticket prices don't mean the prizes will increase. They lie about that! It's pure greed.

And how much did they outlay before winning the grand amount of £10?

Subtract your outlay from your prize and then see what you've actually won. Same goes for the pokies, the scratchies, Keno.

No-one is in it to win small prizes. We're all in it for the big'un! I often win small amounts. You could say they just go towards future entries - exactly like playing the pokies, which I would never do! Figure that one out, haha.

Oh Soap Talk, I can't believe you asked that question!

No, but I just did a quick google. We don't have it here.
                    On the £10 wins they laid out £1 each time as a couple had multiple £10's, so a 10 to 1 return was good for them.

When you play a £2 now, lottery ticket here you are not spending £2 for 1 line, you do understand that.

As for the big prize I agree in part that we all dream of the big prize but if we can break even or make a slight profit it makes it easier for the next time, Yes?

Perhaps you may have a good idea in a lottery where there is only one prize. Winner takes all.

The 1 to 31 is simple to work out. If all your numbers come from the group you are never going to win big here. Theres 59 numbers in our lottery.

I will work out how I can upload some photos and show you examples of our lottery asap.

Comment

Sounds to me as if youtube might be the easiest solution, once you hit 10000 views on youtube you can actually make some advertising money

promoting gambling in any fashion punts you into 'adult' entertainment categories which makes life a bit harder on the web

you need permission from facebook apparently for one

make sure whoever you want to host with is happy with 'adult' stuff

there's some useful pointers on youtube here:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6YbvuhUgQ
                      https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/p...n/ad-promotion

Comment

Working...
                      X