Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Wolf Rilla IMDb mistake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Rilla IMDb mistake

I was just about to order a copy of 'The Scarlet Baroness' to add to my Wolf Rilla collection - according to IMDb a film he made in Germany in 1960. Die zornigen jungen Männer was the original title which translates as 'Angry Young Men.' From what I can tell, this was made just prior to 'Piccadilly First Stop.'

Before iOrdered a copy on DVDr I thought I'd better check for a YouTube copy or a better price in Germany - so I started entering the names of the stars and producer - and up popped 'Die feuerrote Baronesse' ('The fire-headed Baroness' from the same producer also featuring Dawn Addams, made a year earlier.

The IMDb entry has attached the title 'The Scarlet Baroness' to the wrong film - the result being that anyone using IMDb to compile a Wolf Rilla screenography could easily make a silly mistake.

The moral of this story - always check your facts.

I've now ordered a copy of 'Die zornigen jungen Männer' - I don't think there was ever a release in English.

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    I was just about to order a copy of 'The Scarlet Baroness' to add to my Wolf Rilla collection - according to IMDb a film he made in Germany in 1960. Die zornigen jungen Männer was the original title which translates as 'Angry Young Men.' From what I can tell, this was made just prior to 'Piccadilly First Stop.'

Before iOrdered a copy on DVDr I thought I'd better check for a YouTube copy or a better price in Germany - so I started entering the names of the stars and producer - and up popped 'Die feuerrote Baronesse' ('The fire-headed Baroness' from the same producer also featuring Dawn Addams, made a year earlier.

The IMDb entry has attached the title 'The Scarlet Baroness' to the wrong film - the result being that anyone using IMDb to compile a Wolf Rilla screenography could easily make a silly mistake.

The moral of this story - always check your facts.

I've now ordered a copy of 'Die zornigen jungen Männer' - I don't think there was ever a release in English.
    It sounds like it's an error in the YouTube rather that in the IMDb

IMDb never claims that their details are all 100% correct. But they try and they do let you correct any errors, unlike places like YouTube

If you ever spot any errors in the IMDb then you can always submit a corrction. Which you can't do on YouTube

Steve

Comment

Nothing to do with YouTube - I just gave that as a possible source for an alternative copy of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
        Nothing to do with YouTube - I just gave that as a possible source for an alternative copy of the film.
        So what do you think is the mistake on the IMDb?

Steve

Comment

'The Scarlet Baroness' 1960 and the English synopsis on IMDb, associated to the German film 'Die zornigen jungen Männer,' is the title and synopsis of a different film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054499/

'Die zornigen jungen Männer' is about three 30ish German businessmen and their antics in a depressing post-war industrial town. In English is known as 'The Angry Young Men' - but I don't know if there was an English release under this title.

'The Scarlet Baroness' is the English name for the 1959 film 'Die feuerrote Baronesse' - this is the WW2 spy drama. There was an English dubbed version of this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052801/

Comment

Can you tell them that it’s the wrong synopsis for that film and tell them which film it’s likely to be for?

It likely wasn’t anyone at the IMDb who did it. It would have just been a regular person who submitted that bad data

It happens sometimes

Steve

Comment

Ok - I dusted off my IMDb log-in and submitted the changes.

Comment

I'm just reading up on Rilla's film for the Mexico Olympics 'Pax!'- scripted by an anthropologist, very little about sport but "exploring the theme of war and peace as well as what prompts nations to battle with others."

What could possible go wrong with this - after all, the International Olympic Committee overseeing the project.

Comment

Working...
                X