Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Mark as read ... for New Topics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark as read ... for New Topics

OK, so I open the forum, click on New Topics, and there they all are, since I last visited.

Scroll through the headers, open at a couple, but not all.

How do I mark all the rest of the topics, that I don't want to view, as read so the list of unread topics/headers doesn't just keep building up?

Thanks in advance.

There's no way to do it that I can see in the new Forum software
    There's also no way of seeing all of the recent posts when the New Topics doesn't show anything like there was in the old forum software
    There are bound to be some differences like that

Also, if you view the New Topics, select a topic and then view New Topics again, it doesn't show all of the new topics including the one you've just looked at.
    I look at the New Topics and then when I want to look at a topic, I look at it in a new window, then I don't refresh the New Topics screen when I go back to that

They've improved things worse

Steve

Comment

Since posting, I think I might've found something ...

- Find all unread (new) postings with the New Topics option
      - Read the one's of interest (they seem to disappear from the list of unread topic headers
      - When finished, click on the Forums option, a full list of all the forum groups comes up
      - Right at the bottom of the list of forum groups is Mark Channels Read ... click, then there are no postings displayed if you go back to New Topics

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
      I look at the New Topics and then when I want to look at a topic, I look at it in a new window, then I don't refresh the New Topics screen when I go back to that
      Actually I used to do it that way for the old forum ... but I can't remember why, it just seemed to work better. I think I found it easier/more convenient to list the new posts, right click > open in new tab on any that I was interested in, then mark the original list of new posts as all read.

Then I could go through each tab one by one without having to go back and forwards through the one window/tab (new posts > (read topic of interest) < new posts > (select another topic of interest) < new posts > (select another topic of interest) < new posts > ad infinitum.
      Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 2nd March 2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Well found Arthur. That seems to deal with all of the questions

It's not always as neat or as intuitive as with the old forum software. We'll have to learn the new techniques

​​​​​​ Steve

Comment

Working...
        X