Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns

President Trump said, if one of the students had a gun, perhaps the death toll may not as bad as it was. Well, what do you expect from him. The very idea of students in high schools packing guns.

I think he has said that arming the teachers would avoid things like this...!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      I think he has said that arming the teachers would avoid things like this...!!!!
      Now we just have to wait for a teacher to go crazy and shoot loads of their students
      Many teachers are only a short step from crazy at the best of times

Trump is still in hock to the NRA so there's still no chance of any sensible solution

Steve

Comment

Considering the fact that Trump needed a crib sheet from his staff even to show basic empathy during that meeting, and had appeared on the radio show of Alex Jones, whose repeated the lie that Sandy Hook was a 'false flag' operation, and that the children never actually existed (it would have been interesting for one of the Sandy Hook parents to ask him what he thought of that), why am I not surprised? Just contrast that with how Obama saw such tragedies.

Trump will never change, ad its depressing to see the media trying to pretend that he will in some way pivot. The pathetic attempt at normalising isn't just the US media. I heard Justin Webb (former US editor) and Jon Sopel (current US editor) asking each other if Trump would do some sort of 'Nixon in China' thing with guns. Of course he wont, but the fact that they really really wanted to think he might says it all. On the other hand, the media (and the BBC is particular) seems to constantly indulge the governments fantasy Brexit (advanced cakism), so it shouldn't shock anyone.

The bitter irony is that the majority of American want reasonable gun control. But until Republicans lose power, thats never going to happen. And in part they will avoid losing power by doing everything to keep the gun lobby happy. Frankly, they'd do it for free anyway, because they just want to. The money is just the cherry on the cake.

Comment

Sadiq Khan has empathy.

He has announced £45m from his own budget to dissuade those people who have already knived nine thousand people in the capital.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
            Sadiq Khan has empathy.

He has announced £45m from his own budget to dissuade those people who have already knived nine thousand people in the capital.
            Relevance to the thread title?

Comment

The argument about the 2nd amendment does not take into account the passage of time or the advancement of weapons.
              In 1791, when it was passed, the most usual "gun" was the flintlock musket, capable of firing only one shot at a time, with a slow reloading process between each shot. The founding fathers could not have foreseen that their amendment would be used in the future, to legitimise the everyday buying and ownership of assault rifles, AR-15s and fully automatics. The AR-15 can fire 30 rounds at the rate of 45 a minute. It's time the rules were brought up to date, but as long as they suit the NRA, nothing will change.

Comment

I know some people like to complain as frequently as they like to breathe... but why complain about insufficient empathy when a third of their population gets empathy to the tune of $158,200,000,000 pa.

Comment

It's easier for Trump to say arm the teachers, rather than actually tackling the problem itself. And he is in charge of the United States?! What a gutless reaction to kids being murdered in his schools, I wonder what his reaction would be if his son, Barry was gunned down? No amount of money can compensate for losing a child, Sorry to say, but some Americans are reaping the harvest of indifference to money and the way it influences United States political life. Trump=NRA=No Real Action.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
                    I know some people like to complain as frequently as they like to breathe... but why complain about insufficient empathy when a third of their population gets empathy to the tune of $158,200,000,000 pa.
                    Where does that strange number come from?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Where does that strange number come from?
                      Serves me right.

I made the mistake of Googling it and ended up knee-deep in American Right-Wing propaganda.

Comment

It's easier for Trump to say arm the teachers, rather than actually tackling the problem itself
                        Apparently he's gone one better - Cadet Bonespurs says he would personally charge into a building where there was a shooting, even if he was unarmed! Since this is a person who didn't have the guts to personally fire his first Chief of Staff, but instead had him dumped on the runway and then had staffers break it to him while he flew off in Air Force One, its doubtful.

I made the mistake of Googling it and ended up knee-deep in American Right-Wing propaganda.
                        Why am I not surprised...

The sad reality is that the NRA basically owns the GOP, or rather then people who feel strongly about their guns really feel strongly, and vote on that basis. Republicans dont get elected in primaries unless they bow down to the NRA Zod, because of 'the base', even without the cash/marketing that the NRA can either spend on your campaign, or your challenger. People who feel strongly about sensible gun control dont feel it to the same intensity, and so dont vote on that issue to the same degree. Its a classic application of maximum force.

However, the kids who survived the massacre are doing very well getting the word out - the NRA is losing corporate partners (to the point that Delta is being threatened by Georgia Republicans over tax benifits) - they are on the defensive, and Trump has probably made it even worse. If that 18-20 year old cohort turns out in November, then the GOP will be in very serious trouble in a lot of marginal races.

BTW - I've noticed that none of the usual suspects have posted anything about Brexit. Are they just so happy at how well its going that they dont want to appear smug, or is it something else? I notice our own blonde floppy hair adulterous idiot has suggested that the post Brexit Irish border problem can be sorted easily , because '"There's no border between Camden and Westminster." Good times....

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post

Apparently he's gone one better - Cadet Bonespurs says he would personally charge into a building where there was a shooting, even if he was unarmed!
                          Yep, five seperate deferments during Vietnam. Once again he has shown how delusional he is. To have us believe he's this super hero when it's so well-known he was a draft dodger is mind-boggling.

Comment

He shows so little respect or courtesy for trained and experienced officers, or anyone who has spent time doing their job, and probably believes he could do anyone else's job better than they do. What adult with any real world experience still believes they "know-it-all"?

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
                              What adult with any real world experience still believes they "know-it-all"?
                              An adult without any real world experience suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Comment

Working...
                              X