Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Global warming-and all that old nonsense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming-and all that old nonsense

A whole industry and thousands of jobs have been created pandering to the neurotic whims of the affluent sections of the human race ...contemporary whim is diesel vehicles etc....meanwhile Mother Nature comes along and says "move out the way earthlings I can top that"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/to...isk/ar-AAx4BgM

Winge, winge

you try using the power from an erupting volcano.

At at least putting this here is better than your other continuous winges about the EU referendum

Steve

Comment

Global warming-and all that old nonsense

Click image for larger version

Name:	1425_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	57073

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Quark View Post
        A whole industry and thousands of jobs have been created pandering to the neurotic whims of the affluent sections of the human race ...contemporary whim is diesel vehicles etc....meanwhile Mother Nature comes along and says "move out the way earthlings I can top that"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/to...isk/ar-AAx4BgM
        Good old Mother Nature! She's quite a gal. As you said in another thread, ".....drug addiction is because Mother Nature is desperately trying to control the ever burgeoning population with culls", so I suppose Mother Nature had intended the lava to kill a few thousand people, hopefully males, as part of her great culling plan.
        ( I say ''hopefully males'' in reference to your statement "there are far too many males being bred in the world at the moment". )

Comment

You know when people complain that they are characterised as foreigner hating , Daily Mail quoting, EU quitting climate deniers who don't listen to facts?

Then what do they do?

BTW - search on the excellent Skeptical Science website about volcanos, and there is a very useful explanation of just how much CO2 etc is produced by volcanos. Sadly, we produce more.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
            Winge, winge

you try using the power from an erupting volcano.

At at least putting this here is better than your other continuous winges about the EU referendum

Steve
            Actually I dont think I started the EU one and have merely been responding to others opinions on the matter..but obviously you will know if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
              You know when people complain that they are characterised as foreigner hating , Daily Mail quoting, EU quitting climate deniers who don't listen to facts?

Then what do they do?

BTW - search on the excellent Skeptical Science website about volcanos, and there is a very useful explanation of just how much CO2 etc is produced by volcanos. Sadly, we produce more.

Volcanos produce a lot more than Co2, Sulphur Dioxide- Hydrogen Sulphide amongst other crap ..nasty gases indeed . By the Icelandic volcano that kicked off a few years ago it was pretty obvious by the 24/7 plume that it was competing well with a few diesel vehicles in a city and was probably overtaking the output despite what 'Sceptical Science' says ..

No this is just you not liking an opinion that is different to yours so it makes you feel better to dehumanize your opinion transgressor as the usual old Daily Mail reader,foreigner hating blah di bla

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Good old Mother Nature! She's quite a gal. As you said in another thread, ".....drug addiction is because Mother Nature is desperately trying to control the ever burgeoning population with culls", so I suppose Mother Nature had intended the lava to kill a few thousand people, hopefully males, as part of her great culling plan.
                ( I say ''hopefully males'' in reference to your statement "there are far too many males being bred in the world at the moment". )

Lets say that global warming is happening.... what is it caused by? ..cars..fridges or whatever?.. the answer is no ..global warming is caused by people, as cars don't drive themselves, you get plenty of smug,morose male cyclists in a city sneering at vehicles thinking they are the righteous ones when in fact they are adding to the problem as each push on the pedal is causing them to exert more Co2 , they then have to go and eat a piece of cow (which has been farting in a field for a few years) to make up their energy losses .

Comment

Actually I dont think I started the EU one and have merely been responding to others opinions on the matter..but obviously you will know if I am wrong.
                  No, you didn't start the commenting about the EU. But you ran, and ran, and ran with it. You also regularly insulted other members in it which often gets people banned.

So watch it

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

No, you didn't start the commenting about the EU. But you ran, and ran, and ran with it. You also regularly insulted other members in it which often gets people banned.

So watch it

Steve
                    Now normally I respect everything you say and admire the way you have held everything together here in difficult circumstances, and so would have quietly taken your slap on wrist.....but to say I regularly insult other members here I thoroughly object to.... have you had any complaints? If you have then obviously it's time for me to go.

You say 'I ran and ran with it' I thought that was the idea of a lively thread? people have an opinion and others respond with theirs?..otherwise you have a dead forum.

Comment

You say 'I ran and ran with it' I thought that was the idea of a lively thread? people have an opinion and others respond with theirs?..otherwise you have a dead forum.
                      Didn’t you notice that you were about the only person arguing from your side of the street? When you’re arguing against so many, there are times when it’s more sensible to just walk away. Or maybe even to run

As for your insulting other members, it’s nothing blatant or you would have got yourself suspended or banned. It’s the loads of little digs at what you see as “the opposition”. Referring to people as “remainers” as though they made a lifelong choice rather than just making one vote
                      Like when you said:
                      I am not sure what Remainer - poppycock world you live in but apparently England is full of crusty old brits crying into their tea about 'loss of empire'
                      I voted remain but I wouldn’t call myself “a remainer”. It’s more that I didn’t like the blatant propaganda being put out (usually illegally it turns out) by the leave camp

Steve

Comment

Lets say that global warming is happening.... what is it caused by?

Comment

Maybe be if people who show this apparent 'concern' over so-called global warming/climate change, gave up their CO2 emitting vehicles they have in their household, maybe others would take them more seriously.......

If there is one thing I cannot abide about people it is hypocrisy, "don't do as I do, do as I say"........

Hypocrisy, hypocrisy, all is hypocrisy.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                            Maybe be if people who show this apparent 'concern' over so-called global warming/climate change, gave up their CO2 emitting vehicles they have in their household, maybe others would take them more seriously.......
                            I doubt that very much. They would find some other excuse for keeping head in sand.

If there is one thing I cannot abide about people it is hypocrisy, "don't do as I do, do as I say"........

Hypocrisy, hypocrisy, all is hypocrisy.......
                            If there is one thing I cannot abide about people is when they form opinions without doing their homework, close their minds, set those opinions in cement then proceed to push them in other people's faces time and time again.

Ignorance, ignorance, all is ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

That's always a rubbish argument, considering the people you are denigrating are probably at least trying to minimise their carbon footbprint compared to people like you, who pretend nothing is wrong, and just carry on regardless. They're also the sort of people who will be switching to hybrid and/or electric vehicles a lot quicker than you and your fellow ostriches.

Comment

Working...
                              X