Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Iceland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland

A country I admire. Iceland politicians keep out of other countries politics. They never give opinions what this one does, or what they should do. Example. Donald Trump makes comments about French laws regading gun control issues, and that Brexit, is the best move Britain made. Iceland tend to their own country. A nice country to visit. Icelanders are friendly, but keep to themselves. The only scandal that came out of that country, was the Pannama papers report, of millionaires hiding money outside of their countries to avoid taxes.
    Last edited by Eric7885; 14th May 2018, 01:20 PM.

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
    Iceland tend to their own country. A nice country to visit. Icelanders are friendly, but keep to themselves. The only scandal that came out of that country, was the Pannama papers report, of millionaires hiding money outside of their countries to avoid taxes.
    Plenty of scandals related to their banks and bankers during the noughties financial crash!

Comment

I believe the beer there is ridiculously expensive, virtually all duty........

They wish to join the EU, more fool them !.......

I would like to have a dip in their hot, natural geysers.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
        I would like to have a dip in their hot, natural geysers.......

I wouldn't mind that in reverse!

E.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
          I believe the beer there is ridiculously expensive, virtually all duty........
          That's a no no then!

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post

I don't wish to know that!

Comment

E.

Sorry, I honestly can't decipher what it is you're meaning......

I have a tendency to see things in the literal sense (way I was brought up I guess), I don't always see the joke.....

Comment

E.
                Euryale! Go to your room! ‚Äč

The mention of geysers reminds me of something a flatmate from years ago once told me. When she was a little girl, the family moved to a house that had a hole in the bathroom ceiling. When she asked her mother why it was there, she was told "that's where the old geyser used to be". After that, she was scared of going into the bathroom in case he was still hiding up there and would suddenly poke his face through the hole at her.

Comment

Ah.......

I think I may have written with (unintentional) innuendo in my first post......

Geysers and geezers, the latter being slang for gentlemen......

I'll just leave it there !.......

Comment

Working...
                  X