Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Road rage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road rage

This is a problem that is taking place on our nations motor ways. The Americans have also had many incidents on their major motor ways with this same problem, road rage. Has this problem taken place on U.K. motor ways?

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
    This is a problem that is taking place on our nations motor ways. The Americans have also had many incidents on their major motor ways with this same problem, road rage. Has this problem taken place on U.K. motor ways?
    Not in The Outer Hebrides, no.

Comment

I understand there is hardly any road rage on Lundy Island, either

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
        It depends what you mean. There have been incidents of road rage in the UK, but they don’t often lead to serious violence or death. They usually just have some angry, shouted exchanges.

There aren’t usually many shootings just for pulling out in front of someone like we hear of from across the pond

Steve

Comment

Here in Canada and the U.S.A., angry shouting exchanges, between individuals, and using their cars, driving over the speed limits, pulling in and out in front of other cars. One just recent road rage incident, here in Toronto, 2 blokes, one driving A Lamborgini, the other one driving a Bently, were racing theirs cars on one of our motor ways, at speeds well beyond the posted speeds allowed, late at night.

Comment

I take exception to the term "road rage" because it carries with it the implication that the RR perpetrator is at fault and should be the one criticised for that behaviour, whereas most road users driven (pun intended!) to road rage do so because of the thoughtlessness, stupidity, incompetence and/or carelessness of an offending other party.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
              I take exception to the term "road rage" because it carries with it the implication that the RR perpetrator is at fault and should be the one criticised for that behaviour, whereas most road users driven (pun intended!) to road rage do so because of the thoughtlessness, stupidity, incompetence and/or carelessness of an offending other party.
              But there's never any excuse for any sort of rage.
              They're only cars (or other vehicles), even shouting at the other person only slows your journey. It never fixes anything

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
                I would disagree arthur. My own experience of "road rage" would suggest that the thoughtlessness, stupidity, incompetence and/or carelessness is usually that of the rager, who seems never to have even opened a copy of the Highway Code and wrongly thinks him/ herself to be in the right.

Comment

There is no road rage in Britain, we all say "Excuse me, my fault" and move on!

And I'll fight anyone who says different!

Comment

Working...
                  X