Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Which Internet connection are you using?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Internet connection are you using?

Hi Everyone,

I need everyone's attention pls, I just wanted to know which internet connection the members of britmovie.co.uk are using and why.

Just need to know the cons and pros of your internet connection.

100mb fibre to the house. It’s scalable from 50mb all the way up to 1000mb (if you can afford it).

Nick

Comment

I use Virgin Media's fibre / cable to the house. It regularly gets up to 178 Mbps download, 1.83 Mbps upload (measured with http://legacy.speedtest.net/)
      But of course, like all shared connections, when everyone else in the area is downloading games, videos or getting their shopping, it's not quite that good

Steve

Comment

Oh no, this is really going to be a painful thread to follow .... Australian technology still uses two jam tins at either end of a piece of string. Fibre to the premises is a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
          Oh no, this is really going to be a painful thread to follow .... Australian technology still uses two jam tins at either end of a piece of string. Fibre to the premises is a pipe dream.
          Doesn't being under the shade of a coolibah tree help?

Steve

Comment

I sometimes think it would be faster if we still had Peter Graves' stagecoach from Whiplash. There's still a lot to be said for the forked stick and the pony express when comparing Australian internet speeds.
            Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 14th June 2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Well, I am using charter spectrum internet services and I am really happy with their fast internet speed.

Comment

Originally posted by alexkevin View Post
                Well, I am using charter spectrum internet services and I am really happy with their fast internet speed.
                They say
                Internet speed up to 300 Mbps
                "up to 300 Mbps" includes 1bps
                What speed do you actually get?

Try using http://legacy.speedtest.net/ to measure it

Steve

Comment

• alexkevin
                  alexkevin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My brother know exactly what speed we are actually getting but I know that I don't have any issues and okay I will try it!
              Working...
              X