Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Bloomin’ Tennis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomin’ Tennis

I see that the TV schedules have all been messed up again this evening on BBC1 with some game with people tossing a ball to each other instead of screening Our Girl (already put off once) and Our Friend Victoria.

Steve

Wimbledon is not that far from you. Surely you'd have preferred to see it live !!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
      Wimbledon is not that far from you. Surely you'd have preferred to see it live !!
      I wouldn’t want to see them dead

I did go to see it one day many years ago. I have no interest in it now

Steve

Comment

Steve, tennis matches, not too often on our major stations, here in Canada, But, on the PBS stations it will happen. PBS stations, usually televised a lot of British programs. But ever so often, some tennis match, Winbledon, will be televised, screwing up the regular Telly schedule. I, myself, have no interest in Tennis, also, sick of hearing all about Tiger Woods and his antics.

Comment

I am a new member of Britmovie Forums. I am now going through various sections of this web site. The article on sports replacing scheduled television programming! It happens all the time, here in America.

Comment

And we recently had to suffer it here in Australia too. On one network, weekdays at midday used to be a regular scheduled movie time for UK movies from 40s, 50s and 60s. Ideal. But for the last few months we've been subjected to the Australian senior netball championship (another "Super League" competition). Thankfully it's just finished because, well, who wants to look at a bunch impossibly tall women with impossibly long legs, in immodestly short skirts, running around a court, for over an hour. I ask you .....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
              And we recently had to suffer it here in Australia too. On one network, weekdays at midday used to be a regular scheduled movie time for UK movies from 40s, 50s and 60s. Ideal. But for the last few months we've been subjected to the Australian senior netball championship (another "Super League" competition). Thankfully it's just finished because, well, who wants to look at a bunch impossibly tall women with impossibly long legs, in immodestly short skirts, running around a court, for over an hour. I ask you .....!!!
              Tut tut, who indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
                I am a new member of Britmovie Forums. I am now going through various sections of this web site. The article on sports replacing scheduled television programming! It happens all the time, here in America.
                I can't remember the last time I watched a movie, scheduled or otherwise, on television, my viewing these days is almost exclusively downloads or theaters, maybe the occasional DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

I can't remember the last time I watched a movie, scheduled or otherwise, on television, my viewing these days is almost exclusively downloads or theaters, maybe the occasional DVD
                  Talking Pictures has been quite good recently with some films that haven't been on TV for some time. No Love Foe Johnnie, Life At The Top, Night of The Demon, Idol on Parade etc. I suppose it all depends on your taste.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

Talking Pictures has been quite good recently with some films that haven't been on TV for some time. No Love Foe Johnnie, Life At The Top, Night of The Demon, Idol on Parade etc. I suppose it all depends on your taste.
                    I don't live in UK, so don't have access to Talking Pictures. Those are definitely my sort of films so I get them on download. I will pick up the new Night of the Demon bluray, that's looks a bit special, but it's my first purchase for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X