Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Decent weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent weather

At last, some decent British weather. I see the rain falling and I hear the thunder rumbling.

An end to that dreadful heat wave

Steve

We actually agree about something!

Comment

We agree about lots of things

Steve

Comment

Same here. Nice to see some rain.

Comment

Donald Trump says that climate changes, taking place is a hoax. Record heat waves in The U.K, here in Canada, parts of the U.S.A, Donald Trump, is a hoax, himself.

Comment

Despite large parts of the world (parts of the UK, Europe, Australia & the USA) still burning away merrily

We wish Trump was a hoax

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
              Donald Trump says that climate changes, taking place is a hoax. Record heat waves in The U.K, here in Canada, parts of the U.S.A, Donald Trump, is a hoax, himself.
              I am in San Francisco at the moment, no heat wave here, it's damn cold. Also very foggy, it comes in over the bay on the mornings and stays all day. Real pea-soupers. Apparently, it's famous for them in August, who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

I am in San Francisco at the moment, no heat wave here, it's damn cold. Also very foggy, it comes in over the bay on the mornings and stays all day. Real pea-soupers. Apparently, it's famous for them in August, who knew?
                Are there still fires blazing away in the California hills?

A good fire will soon burn the fog off
                Although the smoke might cloud the view a little

Steve

Comment

There are but it's north of here, 150 miles or so. Easy to forget how big California is. Los Angeles, five or six hours drive from here, has 10-15 degree difference in temperature.

The fog banks are very strange, they just sit, almost solid, across the bay. You can see the tops and the sides, it's like some giant cut it out of a larger block and just deposited it on top of San Francisco . I don't ever remember seeing anything quite like it.

Comment

I remember seeing photos of SF with fog filling the bay and just the tops of the bridge sticking up through it. They were from many years ago, so I think it's really fairly common

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...mful-bacteria/

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                      At last, some decent British weather. I see the rain falling and I hear the thunder rumbling.

An end to that dreadful heat wave

Steve
                      Yes, it must have been too hot for you even to read your copy of The Daily Mail in your garden !!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

Yes, it must have been too hot for you even to read your copy of The Daily Mail in your garden !!
                        It’s never hot enough to make me pick up a copy of the Daily Hate Mail, or any British national newspaper. As for the garden, that’s just somewhere for the cat to play. I rarely sit out there

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                          I remember seeing photos of SF with fog filling the bay and just the tops of the bridge sticking up through it. They were from many years ago, so I think it's really fairly common

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...mful-bacteria/

Steve
                          I believe it is a daily occurance, particularly at this time of year. Very different from what you see in the movies!

Comment

100% of NSW in Australia now officially at some level of drought. Mass charity drives all over the place for farmers aid (money, food for humans, feed for various livestock). Some places, 4 year old children have never experienced rain.

Comment

Working...
                            X