Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Decent weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Decent weather

    At last, some decent British weather. I see the rain falling and I hear the thunder rumbling.

    An end to that dreadful heat wave

    Steve

  • #2
    We actually agree about something!

    Comment


    • #3
      We agree about lots of things

      Steve

      Comment


      • #4
        Same here. Nice to see some rain.

        Comment


        • #5
          Donald Trump says that climate changes, taking place is a hoax. Record heat waves in The U.K, here in Canada, parts of the U.S.A, Donald Trump, is a hoax, himself.

          Comment


          • #6
            Despite large parts of the world (parts of the UK, Europe, Australia & the USA) still burning away merrily

            We wish Trump was a hoax

            Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
              Donald Trump says that climate changes, taking place is a hoax. Record heat waves in The U.K, here in Canada, parts of the U.S.A, Donald Trump, is a hoax, himself.
              I am in San Francisco at the moment, no heat wave here, it's damn cold. Also very foggy, it comes in over the bay on the mornings and stays all day. Real pea-soupers. Apparently, it's famous for them in August, who knew?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

                I am in San Francisco at the moment, no heat wave here, it's damn cold. Also very foggy, it comes in over the bay on the mornings and stays all day. Real pea-soupers. Apparently, it's famous for them in August, who knew?
                Are there still fires blazing away in the California hills?

                A good fire will soon burn the fog off
                Although the smoke might cloud the view a little

                Steve

                Comment


                • #9
                  There are but it's north of here, 150 miles or so. Easy to forget how big California is. Los Angeles, five or six hours drive from here, has 10-15 degree difference in temperature.

                  The fog banks are very strange, they just sit, almost solid, across the bay. You can see the tops and the sides, it's like some giant cut it out of a larger block and just deposited it on top of San Francisco . I don't ever remember seeing anything quite like it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I remember seeing photos of SF with fog filling the bay and just the tops of the bridge sticking up through it. They were from many years ago, so I think it's really fairly common

                    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...mful-bacteria/

                    Steve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                      At last, some decent British weather. I see the rain falling and I hear the thunder rumbling.

                      An end to that dreadful heat wave

                      Steve
                      Yes, it must have been too hot for you even to read your copy of The Daily Mail in your garden !!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cassidy View Post

                        Yes, it must have been too hot for you even to read your copy of The Daily Mail in your garden !!
                        It’s never hot enough to make me pick up a copy of the Daily Hate Mail, or any British national newspaper. As for the garden, that’s just somewhere for the cat to play. I rarely sit out there

                        Steve

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                          I remember seeing photos of SF with fog filling the bay and just the tops of the bridge sticking up through it. They were from many years ago, so I think it's really fairly common

                          https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...mful-bacteria/

                          Steve
                          I believe it is a daily occurance, particularly at this time of year. Very different from what you see in the movies!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            100% of NSW in Australia now officially at some level of drought. Mass charity drives all over the place for farmers aid (money, food for humans, feed for various livestock). Some places, 4 year old children have never experienced rain.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X