Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Frank Wills, security guard at Watergate complex.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Wills, security guard at Watergate complex.

This man, was the one who discovered a piece of duct tape, preventing the door to the Democratic Committee offices, from locking, which was the start of the Watergate scandal. I think, not to sure, that he lost his job because of this discovery. Some years later, he was arrested for shoplifting, he was in and out of minimum salary jobs and eventually passed away, penniless.

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
    This man, was the one who discovered a piece of duct tape, preventing the door to the Democratic Committee offices, from locking, which was the start of the Watergate scandal. I think, not to sure, that he lost his job because of this discovery. Some years later, he was arrested for shoplifting, he was in and out of minimum salary jobs and eventually passed away, penniless.
    Sorry, what point are you making?

Comment

No particular point. Many people, over the years, news reporters, motion picture company, and others, profit quite handsomely from Watergate. The one person, who discovered the breakin, on the other hand, died penniless.

Comment

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
        No particular point. Many people, over the years, news reporters, motion picture company, and others, profit quite handsomely from Watergate. The one person, who discovered the breakin, on the other hand, died penniless.
        I think it's a moot point. Wills tried to profit, he quit his job over a dispute about a pay rise he felt he was entitled to (he wasn't sacked), he then tried to make a buck by charging $200 a pop for speeches/appearances. He had a pivotal role in catching Nixon's 'plumbers', but the unravelling and ultimately bringing down of the president was a long, convoluted effort that was undertaken by others.

Comment

Are all your posts ‘off topic’ Derick?

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
            In fairness, this one is actually 'on topic', given the thread subject, but it is a bit random.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
              Well it is in the 'Off-Topic Discussion' area of the forum.

Steve

Comment

Sorry narabdela, my posts, so far, are in the off topic section of Britmovie Forums. In the future if I have interesting posts concerning British film, film stars, British television programs, they will appear in the appropriate areas of Britmovie Forums.

Comment

Working...
                X