Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money

Just about every week now, the mail box is full of request for donations. This from a firm, Petra, sent me a package, requesting a donation of 35 , 50, or 75 dollars. Money for the health and protection of cows, pigs, and other so- called barn yard animals. It used to be for protection of dogs and cats, now other animals. I did some checking, on the internet, about this firm, and it was a Canadian return address on the envelope. This firm has a dubious reputation. Does this sort of thing take place in the U.K. And other European countries?
    Last edited by Derick Angerman; 10th September 2018, 07:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yes, if it isn't dogs & cats then it's donkeys or Snow Leopards or something else

Steve

Comment

PETA isn't a firm, but a well known US charity , which regularly does stunts to generate publicity. However, it also does some good work. It's a charity, so give or don't give, it's up to you. The charity is less likely to send you letters if you don't reply- each request costs money, so they try to be efficient. And if you do want to donate to an animal charity, there are no shortage.

Comment

I'm about to request donations for this forum he added guiltily

Comment

Money, always someone looking for money. Two examples, about a year ago, American couple, woman in her 8 month pregnancy, visiting Toronto. Woman gives birth. Bundle of joy. But no health insurance, a 30 thousand dollar hospital bill. Now the couple were asking for donations to pay for their bundle of joy. Another couple asking for 10 thousand dollars. They want to send their elderly parents, back to the old country, for a 50th anniversary, to visit friends and relatives. Never ending, always people requesting money.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
            Money, always someone looking for money. Two examples, about a year ago, American couple, woman in her 8 month pregnancy, visiting Toronto. Woman gives birth. Bundle of joy. But no health insurance, a 30 thousand dollar hospital bill. Now the couple were asking for donations to pay for their bundle of joy. Another couple asking for 10 thousand dollars. They want to send their elderly parents, back to the old country, for a 50th anniversary, to visit friends and relatives. Never ending, always people requesting money.
            It makes the world go round, with it's clinking, clanking sound

Do you have any alternative to offer?

Steve

Comment

Last year, a man someone in the UK wanted to get his wife a £600 Kitchen Aid for her 50th birthday, which apparently he couldn't afford himself, so he asked friends for contributions in Go Fund Me!
              I thought Go Fund Me was meant to be for desperately-needed worthy causes.

Will Catlin-Hallett needs your help today! Zarich's 50th birthday - Zarich is going to be 50! If anyone wants to contribute towards a big birthday present for her, she really wants an ice blue KitchenAid - an awesome piece of kit, and something that would be great to present to her from all her friends. I'm taking contributions by PayPal, bank transfer, carrier...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                Last year, a man someone in the UK wanted to get his wife a £600 Kitchen Aid for her 50th birthday, which apparently he couldn't afford himself, so he asked friends for contributions in Go Fund Me!
                I thought Go Fund Me was meant to be for desperately-needed worthy causes.
                Some people just try it on and expect everyone else to do everything for them.

Steve

Comment

My my, I must comment. I love to buy a brand new Mercedes, should I ask for donations. Help me buy a new Mercedes.

Comment

Working...
                  X