Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Organic food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic food

I have notice, particularly, in the United States. Food stores selling organic products only. Products range from food items, vitamin tablets, even soaps and hand creams. Expensive prices. But is it worth the price and buy their products? When it comes to their fresh vegetables, I am sure that the growers must use pesticides to protect them from insects. I, myself, don’t usually shop in these markets.

Organic crop farmers don't use chemicals. They use mulch to control weeds and beneficial insects to control pests.

What is organic farming?

The word "organic" refers to the way farmers grow and process agricultural products, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Organic farming practices are designed to meet the following goals:
    • Enhance soil and water quality
    • Reduce pollution
    • Provide safe, healthy livestock habitats
    • Enable natural livestock behavior
    • Promote a self-sustaining cycle of resources on a farm

Materials or practices not permitted in organic farming include:
    • Synthetic fertilizers to add nutrients to the soil
    • Sewage sludge as fertilizer
    • Most synthetic pesticides for pest control
    • Irradiation to preserve food or to eliminate disease or pests
    • Genetic engineering, used to improve disease or pest resistance or to improve crop yields
    • Antibiotics or growth hormones for livestock

Organic crop farming materials or practices may include:
    • Plant waste left on fields (green manure), livestock manure or compost to improve soil quality
    • Plant rotation to preserve soil quality and to interrupt cycles of pests or disease
    • Cover crops that prevent erosion when parcels of land are not in use and to plow into soil for improving soil quality
    • Mulch to control weeds
    • Predatory insects or insect traps to control pests
    • Certain natural pesticides and a few synthetic pesticides approved for organic farming, used rarely and only as a last resort in coordination with a USDA organic certifying agent

Organic farming practices for livestock include:
    • Healthy living conditions and access to the outdoors
    • Pasture feeding for at least 30 percent of livestock's nutritional needs during grazing season
    • Organic foods for animals
    • Vaccinations
    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 10th October 2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Understand the differences between organic foods and traditionally grown foods when it comes to nutrition, safety and price.

Comment

I must admit that I view the whole 'Organic' food movement as one of the great marketing successes/confidence tricks of the last fifty(approx.) years.

You pays your money...etc.

Comment

Seems to help cynicism grow.

Comment

Baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Baffling.
              Apologies for baffling you Shirley. I'm not trying to be controversial, just stating a firmly held opinion. I realise that it's not going to be a popular one.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Apologies for baffling you Shirley. I'm not trying to be controversial, just stating a firmly held opinion. I realise that it's not going to be a popular one.
                No need to apologise, just wondering what information would bring you to hold that opinion firmly.

Comment

On the off chance that shirking of nonorganic pesticides is your need — regardless of whether out of worry for yourself, your family, farmworkers or the earth — eating occasionally from create developed in the U.S. what's more, decreasing dependence on imported create may give you significant serenity. Do remember that numerous natural ranches do utilize affirmed, more regular pesticides, while some traditional agriculturists may utilize pesticides sparingly. There's nobody measure fits-all methodology.

Its all about once choice. what to eat and what not.

I personally thinks that if you are buying these food then just check it once. whether it is worth the price or not.

https://vidmate.ooo/
                  Last edited by 74San; 25th October 2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Personally speaking I don't think that I could play the organ and eat all at the same time !!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                      Personally speaking I don't think that I could play the organ and eat all at the same time !!
                      Oh, cassidy...... you've never learned to multi-task?

Or have you never learned to play the organ?

Comment

Working...
                      X