Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

81 milgram asperin per day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 milgram asperin per day

Many doctors are suggesting that individuals take one 81 milligram asperin tablet a day. It may help prevent heart attacks. If you feel a heart attract coming on. Chew two 81 milligram tablets. It may help. In Europe are doctors advising this ?

This information about aspirin tablet a day, 81miligram. Many people, here, follow that advice. If you start taking the aspirin tablet, make sure it is a coated tablet. Regular non coated aspirin may cause bleeding.

Comment

Please, do check with your doctor first. Aspirin can clash with other drugs you might be taking. It's never a good idea to decide to take a drug on a regular basis just because there's media publicity about the benefits. Your doctor is the one to guide you, because he/she is the only one who has access to your medical history.

If you take aspirin and you're already on a blood-thinning drug such as Warfarin, you will very likely cause a life-threatening haemorrhage.

Also, aspirin is not good for the kidneys and if you happen to have some kind of renal problem, your doctor should advise you against taking it. You might need to remind him/her because doctors are often too pressed for time to check your records thoroughly and you can't expect them to remember everything about you. There are several other conditions as well, such as gout.

Personally, I don't have much faith in drugs for prevention. There are safer ways to keep healthy.

Comment

Sound advice from Shirley Brahms... and she actually spells the words correctly, which I think is a good sign.

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
          Shirley Brahms commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, SAM! Always top of the class in spelling and grammar, a miserable dunce at maths! (Not saying my grammar is perfect by any means, but any spelling error would be a very careless typo.)

Shirley Brahms is given excellent advice. Before embarking on the 81 milligram aspirin routine, check with your doctor. Everyone is different, concerning health issues. As for my doctor, the one a day aspirin tablet was O.K. Coated tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
          Sound advice from Shirley Brahms... and she actually spells the words correctly, which I think is a good sign.
          Spellcheckers are useful. I wish more people would use them.

Comment

If you might be having a heart attack, then yes, a dispersable aspirin under the tongue can make a difference, and the same advice is for strokes. I have been prescribed 75mg dispersable Asperin by my cardiac consultant, along with stations etc (I had a test on Friday, and I am hoping it's just acid reflex ), but it's not something you should take without a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Spellcheckers are useful. I wish more people would use them.
              I wish less people would need them.

I wouldn't know how to turn mine on (if indeed, I have one)?

Don't wish to sound smug, but don't words somehow just look "wrong" when they're spelled incorrectly? I would find a spellchecker very irritating.

Comment

The reel problem with Spellcheckers is wear they identify a word as correctly spelled, but don't sea that it is the wrong word for the sentence. This is wear the people who struggle with "there", "their" and "they're" just fall a part and prey to cod and hope four the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post

Don't wish to sound smug, but don't words somehow just look "wrong" when they're spelled incorrectly?
                  To those of us of a certain age, yes.

...but this could drag us into a discussion about (relatively) modern teaching methods...and even more off-topic.

Comment

I wish less people would need them.
                    I think that you mean fewer people

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

I think that you mean fewer people

Steve
                      You're correct, I do...

And I just knew that you'd be the one to come and tell me

Comment

You're correct, I do...

What, the only one who can talk english proper, like what I do?

Steve

Comment

You're correct, I do...

A few weeks ago in the forum, I made that same slip, too, knowing very well I should have said 'fewer'.
                          Mr Brahms would be appalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

A few weeks ago in the forum, I made that same slip, too, knowing very well I should have said 'fewer'.
                            Mr Brahms would be appalled.
                            It’s easy to work out really.
                            Even I f you weren’t taught proper like what I was

According to prescriptive grammar, "fewer" should be used with nouns for countable objects and concepts. According to this rule, "less" should be used only with a grammatically singular noun.

However, it’s not quite that simple. Since the reign of Alfred the Great, a time when Old English was spoken, less has been used in the same way that fewer is currently used. This long history of usage accounts for supermarkets posting the words “10 Items or Less” over the express lanes, when “10 Items or Fewer” is the grammatically correct option.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X