Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Shooting in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
    Just read the newly elected president of Brazil is to relax gun control in his country, declaring "firearms safeguard freedom,"
    Firearms never safeguard freedom. They only safeguard your ability to shoot them. But there are always consequences

and going to to say it's time to abandon the politically correct fallacy about guns.
    Which fallacy is that then?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Firearms never safeguard freedom. They only safeguard your ability to shoot them. But there are always consequences

Which fallacy is that then?

Steve
      The 'fallacy' that the world is a safer place when people dont have guns

Comment

The 'fallacy' that the world is a safer place when people dont have guns
        If nobody has guns then nobody can be shot

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

If nobody has guns then nobody can be shot

Steve
          Maybe you should let Senior Bolsonaro know. That logic seems to have evaded him.

Comment

Maybe you should let Senior Bolsonaro know. That logic seems to have evaded him.
            Maybe someone should tell the Americans. That logic seems to have evaded them as well

Steve

Comment

Wish I could remember the comedian (American himself, I think) who many years ago questioned gun culture in New York. He said something along the lines of: "I can understand you guys out in Montana or Idaho or wherever having guns. You've got bears and timber wolves and mountain lions and stuff. But I've never seen a grizzly on Fifth Avenue".

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
                Wish I could remember the comedian (American himself, I think) who many years ago questioned gun culture in New York. He said something along the lines of: "I can understand you guys out in Montana or Idaho or wherever having guns. You've got bears and timber wolves and mountain lions and stuff. But I've never seen a grizzly on Fifth Avenue".
                Unless it's a wife being told by her husband that she can't have his credit card to buy an expensive outfit from one of the stores !!!

Comment

Another mass shooting in America. This time it is in California. At least 6 dead, around a dozen wounded. Shooting took place in a country- western style type bar. Shooter is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
                    Another mass shooting in America. This time it is in California. At least 6 dead, around a dozen wounded. Shooting took place in a country- western style type bar. Shooter is dead.
                    News report at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46135459
                    No reasons suggested yet.

Steve

Comment

In this country few guns but lots of knives.Seems to be a murder every day.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                        In this country few guns but lots of knives.Seems to be a murder every day.
                        It's difficult to kill 12 people in one go with a knife and it's difficult to kill people across a room with a knife

Steve

Comment

The gun lobby always say that the best defence against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Why is there never one around when you need them? How many times has a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun from killing? These gun lobby idiots seem to be living in a world of John Wayne westerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post
                            The gun lobby always say that the best defence against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Why is there never one around when you need them? How many times has a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun from killing? These gun lobby idiots seem to be living in a world of John Wayne westerns.
                            They are bonkers. I've never been able to forget the incident of a few years ago when a man woke up in the night and thought he heard an intruder in the kitchen. Went down with his gun, shot the 'intruder', turned on the light and saw his young son dead on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                            X