Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Das Boot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Das Boot

This is not. British film. It has been televised in various countries including England. It was originally offered on DVD, time running of the film was 308 minutes. The original series, shown in Germany, was over 5 hours. That original version is now available on dvd from Germany. It has a English soundtrack. The film has won several awards.

Actually, it's the film that came first - the series is a sort of extended version of the film, which was first shown on the BBC. I have had the series on DVD for years, and it's excellent, but the film is a more concentrated version, with certain aspects left out.

The film is of course available on Blu Ray, which is on my list to buy, but certainly get the versions in German withsubtitles. I remember watching the film after I had seen the series, and the US dubbing was awful. Its vastly better to watch it I the original German with subtitles, if only for the atmosphere.

Fun fact - the replica sub these used for the film/series is the same one that appears in Raiders of the Lost Ark, as are the sub pens, which are the actual ones the U boats operated from, although in 1941 the roofs would have been less thick.
    Last edited by Bonekicker; 15th November 2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X