Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Southern Rail and Thameslink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Rail and Thameslink

I had hoped that when Govia took over these networks that service would improve.Fat chance.I waas coming back from Madeira on Sunday to Gatwick.Delayed delivery of my bag meant i missed my train by 1 minute.Next train half an hour.So get next train to London Bridge.Got to east Croydon.Train stopped doors open.Station staff said that there was no driver to take it to london Bridge..Couldnt get another train as it was occupying Northbound track.After getting on and off,East Croydon being in the middle of nowhere if you live in North London,finally a driver is found and the train can finally make its way to London Bridge.Mind you i was lucky compared to the people who tried to use South West Trains on Monday.
    It really is about time that this shambolic government sorted out the shambolic train serices.Or maybe they are made for each othe!

Northern trains have announced a series of weekly strikes. Their service is just as bad and they have the old pacer trains not posh ones like in London. Train travel is terrible.

Comment

Nothing will beat the 70''s for me and southern rail.
      Finished filming late at BBC got tube to victoria everyone now on strike and in the middle of a heatwave. Being young then it was a bit worrying as everyone deserted the station late night but a kind worker plonked me on a mail train which stopped and let me off. The situation has never really improved. Our station office is closed more than its open and a friend has a cafe in it unable to trade, it may even put him out of business. Some he was saying are clubbing together and getting mini buses to work here so the railways are missing a great deal of trade.
      What a carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        I had hoped that when Govia took over these networks that service would improve.Fat chance.I waas coming back from Madeira on Sunday to Gatwick.Delayed delivery of my bag meant i missed my train by 1 minute.Next train half an hour.So get next train to London Bridge.Got to east Croydon.Train stopped doors open.Station staff said that there was no driver to take it to london Bridge..Couldnt get another train as it was occupying Northbound track.After getting on and off,East Croydon being in the middle of nowhere if you live in North London,finally a driver is found and the train can finally make its way to London Bridge.Mind you i was lucky compared to the people who tried to use South West Trains on Monday.
        It really is about time that this shambolic government sorted out the shambolic train serices.Or maybe they are made for each othe!
        I had the misfortune last Sunday of trying to get from Edenbridge Town to Charing X, and the back a couple hours later. That was a challenge in itself but to top it off I left my mobile on the empty train at Tonbridge, realised as it was pulling out of the station but the guard refused to call the next station. He laughed at my suggestion that the guard pops on, gets the phone and I'll get the next train down to him. He told me to call customer services which, obviously, I couldnt do till I got home, only to find its an online form not a call centre and it requires the phone serial number which I didn't have. As I flew out of UK on Monday, I had to write the thing off to experience.

Not only can't they run a railroad but they can't run customer sevices.

Comment

customer service is an oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
            customer service is an oxymoron
            Emphasis on MORON

Comment

Govia who run these lines were today ordered to pay backĀ£15million as a result of the chaos caused by the timetable change last summer.It was thought to strip them of their franchise would be too disruptive

Comment

Sir Eustace Missenden would be rolling in his grave.

Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 5th December 2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X