Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx (1970)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx (1970)

One of those weird films I've been keeping an eye out for, has recently appeared on YouTube.

The ultra-rare 'The Bushbaby' has just been posted up as well - another one from my 'wants list.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
      One of those weird films I've been keeping an eye out for, has recently appeared on YouTube.
      Tony

Are you trying to find the most obscure movies ever made?

However, must watch this if only because the title sounds totally crazy.

Comment

I suppose if they made a remake it would be titled: "Quackser Fortune Has an idiot in the White House".

Comment

Am I the only one sick to the back teeth of T**p comments on this forum - there should be a whole sub-section of the forum for those who want to bait the orange baboon so the rest of us can have a T**p - free refuge.

Comment

Tony

I’ve all but given up trying to discuss American/foreign films in the Off-Topic Discussion section here as there is so little interest. It’s all Donald Trump, fake news, Brexitt, begging for money, ect ect… Or in other words all the things I come to forums and message boards to avoid. I’ve attempted talking and locating foreign film locations here and had a nil response, but that might take some effort and its so much easier to bash Donald Trump yet again.

Comment

That’s why this is called the BRITmovie forum. Anything about American films is off-topic. As is anything about Hindi or European movies, as is anything about Trump or Brexit.

So all all is good really

Steve

Comment

"General Film Chat" might be the best place for discussions about American/foreign films. Not strictly "general" I suppose, but not strictly "off-topic" either, being about film, and that's where they were posted in the old forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                  "General Film Chat" might be the best place for discussions about American/foreign films. Not strictly "general" I suppose, but not strictly "off-topic" either, being about film, and that's where they were posted in the old forum.
                  Shirley

Many thanks for taking the time to suggest/make me aware of General Film Chat as the best place for the discussion of American/foreign movies.

Personally, I think that there is such an high volume of political threads in the Off-Topic Discussion board now that a new area for nothing except political threads would free things here up for people like myself who do not wish to become involved in political discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post

Shirley

Many thanks for taking the time to suggest/make me aware of General Film Chat as the best place for the discussion of American/foreign movies.

Personally, I think that there is such an high volume of political threads in the Off-Topic Discussion board now that a new area for nothing except political threads would free things here up for people like myself who do not wish to become involved in political discussions.
                    Hi Mikey
                    You can always avoid political threads because you can see what they are by their title.
                    The problem is when a thread which did not start out to be political becomes so. That can happen in any area, so not an easy problem to solve!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Hi Mikey
                      You can always avoid political threads because you can see what they are by their title.
                      The problem is when a thread which did not start out to be political becomes so. That can happen in any area, so not an easy problem to solve!
                      I suppose it comes down to manners and what is accepted and what is not - I joined this forum to discuss movies with other people of like minds.

When it comes to the politics of division - think twice before posting - I'd like to suggest that people contribute to the solution rather than exacerbating the problem.

...oops now this really is a political thread.

Comment

Shirley and Tony

Thanks for contributing more to this discussion. Like Tony I’m here for films, film production and cult television, although I understand that different people come to BritMovie for different reasons and some visit to read, discuss and start what I consider to be political threads.

It appears that some weeks there are more postings on political threads here than on all the other threads put together. Hence, a political area on the board would in my opinion make sense. Further to this, if this political area was only accessible by site patrons for an annual or lifetime fee, then this funding could be put towards or even pay for the forum hosting fees.

As Shirley says a non-political thread can become a political thread and so a ruling would need to be introduced to prevent this.

Comment

With a bit of time on my hands, I have browsed through the Off Topic Discussion titles back to 1st September.
                          In the last four months there have been 10 political threads started.

The Latest Poll on Donald Trump lasted from 1/9 to 5/9 and had 18 responses.

Bob Woodward 5/9 - 6/9 had 3 responses

The Trump Name 6/9 had no responses

Frank Wills 6/9 - 7/9 had 12 responses

Fake News 22/8 - 26/9 had 125 responses

Arrogant 30/10 had no responses

Migrants 3/11 - 8/11 had 10 responses

Brexit Follies 12/12 - 26/12 had 11 responses

Overall, not that much interest.

Comment

It's not just the political threads though - there have been a huge number of threads on all sorts of non-film/TV issues over the past few months - charities, vitamins, lending money to family members, shootings in America, Black Friday etc.

Normally this isn't a problem, but recently they have overwhelmed the Forum - so much so that they frequently outnumber the film/TV posts.

Comment

With respect, I do think this issue is being exaggerated. The number is not really huge, and most of those threads have not attracted many responses. You can easily check that.

There's no reason why off-topic chats in the right place would affect on-topic discussions.

Comment

Working...
                              X