Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson estate attacks 'lurid' documentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michael Jackson estate attacks 'lurid' documentary

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46821969

    "This is yet another lurid production in an outrageous and pathetic attempt to exploit and cash in on Michael Jackson," it said.

    Here here,I could not agree more.

    You would think they would have better things to do than make this sort of trash.

  • #2
    How do you know it's trash?

    (''Hear hear'', not ''here here''.)
    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 18th March 2019, 11:00 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Trash sells..

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe wait till it's screened before judging it

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
          Maybe wait till it's screened before judging it

          Hear hear!

          Comment


          • #6
            Rest assure the tabloids are going to have a field day reporting this garbage. And naturally their are plenty of people out their with nothing to do but read all this garbage and spend their money, and keep the tabloids going.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
              Rest assure the tabloids are going to have a field day reporting this garbage. And naturally their are plenty of people out their with nothing to do but read all this garbage and spend their money, and keep the tabloids going.
              It's a Channel Four documentary featuring interviews with two men who claim they were sexually abused by an adult.
              You might have waited until you understand what is being said, the credibility of the people saying and the way the information is being presented before deciding that it is 'garbage'

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
                Rest assure the tabloids are going to have a field day reporting this garbage. And naturally their are plenty of people out their with nothing to do but read all this garbage and spend their money, and keep the tabloids going.

                You really shouldn't make value judgements like that before the event Derick. It's just the sort of behaviour I expect from the tabloids you're complaining about.

                I prefer to actually watch a program before forming an opinion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
                  Maybe wait till it's screened before judging it
                  Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

                  It's a Channel Four documentary featuring interviews with two men who claim they were sexually abused by an adult.
                  You might have waited until you understand what is being said, the credibility of the people saying and the way the information is being presented before deciding that it is 'garbage'
                  Originally posted by narabdela View Post


                  You really shouldn't make value judgements like that before the event Derick. It's just the sort of behaviour I expect from the tabloids you're complaining about.

                  I prefer to actually watch a program before forming an opinion.


                  I bet even before seeing it it will take the stance of the 'alleged' victims and not a balanced documentary at all so all the blame will go towards MJ.
                  Last edited by Metro1962; 11th January 2019, 12:56 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
                    I bet even before seeing it it will take the stance of the 'alleged' victims and not a balanced documentary at all so all the blame will go towards MJ.
                    Well, it's good to know are being open-minded. Ever considered a career in tabloid journalism?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

                      Well, it's good to know are being open-minded.
                      I am being realistic,This doc is not going to appeal to his fans it will however appeal to those who dislike him for one reason or another and try once again to put the boot in..


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
                        I am being realistic,This doc is not going to appeal to his fans it will however appeal to those who dislike him for one reason or another and try once again to put the boot in..
                        The documentary clearly isn't for fans, it seems to contain the testimony of two men who say, as children, they were abused by a grown adult. I hope it presents a balanced view whilst giving them the opportunity to state their case. It's a difficult subject but if they are credible and offer credible testimony, then they deserve to be heard. If they are neither than that will be the moment for you to make your 'realistic' comments.

                        Shouting them down unheard and unseen because you like his music is appalling.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

                          I bet even before seeing it it will take the stance of the 'alleged' victims and not a balanced documentary at all so all the blame will go towards MJ.


                          I am being realistic,This doc is not going to appeal to his fans it will however appeal to those who dislike him for one reason or another and try once again to put the boot in..


                          Do you think critically about what you're saying before you post it?


                          Words fail me here, but I think that the last sentence of post #12 hits the nail on the head.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

                            I hope it presents a balanced view whilst giving them the opportunity to state their case.
                            It will not be balanced because the defendant is not here to defend it!! So how will it be balanced????

                            Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

                            Shouting them down unheard and unseen because you like his music is appalling.
                            This has nothing to do with liking or disliking his music as I would say the same if it were another singer etc etc

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

                              It will not be balanced because the defendant is not here to defend it!! So how will it be balanced????
                              This has nothing to do with liking or disliking his music as I would say the same if it were another singer etc etc
                              Clearly it can be balanced, it's a documentary not a court of law.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X