Retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

We all come to that stage in life. Retirement. Usually in America, Canada, and no doubt, the rest of the world,it happens. Now is the time to enjoy ourselves. Holiday traveling, visits with our children and their children, taking life easy. But here in America, the retirement age, usually, around 65, or 67. Many can’t retire. One reason, accumulated debt, debt that are parents never had. A lot of debt is due to credit cards. Today,everywhere you go, charge it. I myself, planned my retirement, years ago.Today,I Am financially secure, with no debt. And those, who have to work, are lucky they have jobs. As to credit cards, today’s necessary, try to make a hotel or airplane reservation, no credit card, your out of luck. Those who are starting to work now, begin to think of retirement, and start saving. And pray you will have a job and security, and watch your credit expenses.

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
    We all come to that stage in life. Retirement. Usually in America, Canada, and no doubt, the rest of the world,it happens. Now is the time to enjoy ourselves. Holiday traveling, visits with our children and their children, taking life easy. But here in America, the retirement age, usually, around 65, or 67. Many can’t retire. One reason, accumulated debt, debt that are parents never had. A lot of debt is due to credit cards. Today,everywhere you go, charge it. I myself, planned my retirement, years ago.Today,I Am financially secure, with no debt. And those, who have to work, are lucky they find jobs via essay typer. As to credit cards, today’s necessary, try to make a hotel or airplane reservation, no credit card, your out of luck. Those who are starting to work now, begin to think of retirement, and start saving. And pray you will have a job and security, and watch your credit expenses.

Hi Derick,

I've been thinking much about my retirement too. And it seems to me the only thing I can do when the time comes is creating a DIY workshop (crafting wood) . At least, it's something that I'm enthusiastic about (years and years of practice, of course).
    I guess a good hobby can be helpful in any case.

Steve Seidel

Comment

In the U.K. the government keeps moving the statutory retirement age back and back - if they keep doing it, by the time I reach mine I'll be dead :lol: !

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
        iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
        Indeed. ...

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
          In the U.K. the government keeps moving the statutory retirement age back and back - if they keep doing it, by the time I reach mine I'll be dead :lol: !
          It's not just the Uk, the German's keep increasing theirs, working to get to 67 by 2029, though by then I suspect they will have to be thinking about 69. I am afraid Europe is struggling to keep pace with aging populations.

Comment

Here in Canada, 65 years of age is retirement. But the government is talking about putting up the retirement age to 67 or perhaps 69 years. No ruling to the age limit yet. Many, who have reached the retirement age are still working. Lucky to have jobs to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
              A lot of debt is due to credit cards. Today,everywhere you go, charge it. ....
              As to credit cards, today’s necessary, try to make a hotel or airplane reservation, no credit card, your out of luck.
              I have no debt, a decent pension pot growing quite well and some savings, yet I don't feel financially secure enough to retire just yet, although I would happily do so tomorrow if circumstances allowed it. Nothing to do with credit cards in my case. Never owned one in my life and never encountered any problems as a result.

Comment

Interesting how you manage to survive without some type of credit cards. Their must be something in life that you required with the use of a credit card. Hotel reservation, airplane tickets, utilities, etc. Unless you are one of the fortunate individuals who manage to edge out a living without the use of credit cards.

Comment

I'm in Canada and I don't believe there is a "must retire age" here any longer. I do know private companies have mostly ceased enforcing any kind of formal retirement at a particular age. If anything, they often encourage those that still have a lot to offer the opportunity to continue doing what they do well. It's also partly because of the lack of work ethic that newcomers to the job market often seem to embody. Be that as it may, the key to retirement in my view is being debt-free and not being seduced by bucket lists, endless travel, etc. These things are fine in themselves but not if they place (and keep) one in debt.

Comment

Retirement !!. There are some days that I wonder where I ever found the time to go to work

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7197.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	67046 I retired 3 years ago at 63,I had been an aircraft techie for 45 years but was finding that my working day was getting too bizarre and decided 'enough is enough',I have recently gone back to my first love - Gliding,I had not flown a glider for 22 years so I am trying to de rust old skills,here is a pic of me hard at work sitting against the control caravan at the gliding club,the ambient temp was zero deg c but lovely in the sun
                      Last edited by BVS; 31st January 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X