Most congested roads in the UK revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most congested roads in the UK revealed

And, cough splutter, the winner is the NCR which is about couple of hundred yards up the road from me
    Last edited by Nick Dando; 14th February 2019, 08:52 PM.

What’s the NCR as a road?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
      What’s the NCR as a road?

Steve
      North Circular Road: A406

Comment

Originally posted by martinu View Post

North Circular Road: A406
        I’ve never heard of it being referred to as NCR. Maybe it’s a North London thing (I’m in SW London). We just call it the North Circular.

How does the NCR compare to the A303? Especially the bit after Stonehenge. That’s usually chockablock whenever I’ve been down that way.

Or the outer London car park (aka the M25)

Steve

Comment

"North Circ" round our way...

Comment

The North Circular moves pretty well, where they have been widenings and underpasses built, the non-modernised bit between Palmers Green and Brent Cross always seems to have the hold-ups, plus Gunnersbury Avenue, just one lane.

I was stuck on the A303 for the best part of an hour, in the heat of last summer, heading east towards Stonehenge, on a Sunday afternoon, I eventually turned off, and took a lengthy detour around Salisbury to return to Andover, I couldn't stand the heat (nor my engine) anymore !

As for the M25, it depends what time of day you have the misfortune to be on it, very heavy around the Chertsey area, regularly mentioned on the traffic news, all it takes it one little mishap (breakdown, accident), and the road is clogged for hours on end, even closed off if fatalities involved.

The M6 can be a pain also, not a lot of choice when you need to go from south-east to north-west.

Comment

Fun and games on The North Circular late night when without warning they close the underpass near Palmers Green for roadworks after 10pm without warning which can turn a night out into a nightmare !!

Comment

when they close the NCR or A1 it is chaos.Cars go round our roads to find a way out of motorist he'll only to find they are going round in a circle.

Comment

The M25 as you approach the A3 exit, then on towards Heathrow, is always a crawl..

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                    The M25 as you approach the A3 exit, then on towards Heathrow, is always a crawl..
                    But at least it’s 4 lanes each way for much of it

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X