Will the deadline be extended by May?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
    Is there going to be areferendum so the public can vote again wether to leave or stay again?
    Easy enough to google it.... no.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
      Is there going to be areferendum so the public can vote again wether to leave or stay again?
      What, a vote on whether or not we should have a vote?

Some people seem to be over-keen on voting

Don’t vote! It only encourages the politicians

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
        What, a vote on whether or not we should have a vote?

If we vote to leave again and that wins through we can have another vote if that goes up the wall like this one has.

Comment

A second referendum has been overwhelmingly rejected. It was breaking news before the question was posted.

Comment

• Bonekicker
            Bonekicker commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, labour abstained, even though its actually their conference policy. Thats down to Corbyn, who tonight has said that he wont back an 2nd Referendum until after a Withdrawal Agreement has been done.
            In short, he is a moron and a liar. And fhe PV campaign was pretty stupid as well, saying it want the right time - its give Corbyn a get out.,

There will be another chance nexy week with another piece of legislation. And if Mays deal does not pass (the DUP are being bribed as we speak), then watch what MPs do. They are so cowardly and stupid, that they mighr grasp anything. And fhat means a 2nd Referendum.

And there ight be an extention to Article 50, plus possible EU elections. We will see what happens.

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

That should be "silly question",
          Nope just the word " silly"
          Last edited by Metro1962; Yesterday, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
            Shirley Brahms commented
            Editing a comment
            That should be "silly question", because you would have found the answer had you bothered to check for news updates, which would be the normal thing to do.

The 2016 referendum was, technically, the second referendum.........

It appears the 1975 referendum has been completely forgotten about........

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

It appears the 1975 referendum has been completely forgotten about........

By whom? It’s referred to quite often in discussion and debate about the whole Brexit mess.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

By whom? It’s referred to quite often in discussion and debate about the whole Brexit mess.
              The remain voters......

They're the ones demanding a 'second' referendum (in reality the third one), in the hope of overturning the 2016 result, right from the day after the voting the EU-loving 'celebs' wanted another one, I heard a pop-star say it on the wireless........

Is there any guarantee another referendum will result in a majority remain vote ?..........

Will they want yet another referendum, and another, and another, until they achieve the result they want ?...........

It is cruel and insulting for the likes of Nick Clegg and Polly Toynbee to say leave voters are 'dying off', as a justification for another vote.........
              Last edited by Mark O; Today, 12:47 PM. Reason: Correction of a wrong descriptive term.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post

The remain voters......

They're the ones demanding a 'second' referendum (in reality the third one), in the hope of overturning the 2016 result, right from the day after the voting the EU-loving 'celebs' wanted another one, I heard a pop-star say it on the wireless........
                I knows some people like to live in the past, but.......... the wireless?

Is there any guarantee another referendum will result in a majority remain vote ?..........

Will they want yet another referendum, and another, and another, until they achieve the result they want ?...........

It is cruel and insulting for the likes of Nick Clegg and Polly Toynbee to say remain voters are 'dying off', as a justification for another vote.........
                What makes you think the EU would even want to take you back? Have you thought about that at all?

Comment

What makes you think the EU would even want to take you back? Have you thought about that at all?
                  Lol, yes, I prefer to call what's known as a radio, a wireless........

I wouldn't say I was old-fashioned, more 'old-school', (and I've been told so, over the decades, a few times.........)

Being a leave voter (for which I've given my reasons on various threads), I certainly don't want my Country to return to the 'United states of Europe'...........

Another thing to consider (with the great European project), is if the way forward is a Federal Europe, ultimate control by Brussels, what about the current Royal houses of the Countries in the EU ?

Won't they be 'surplus to requirements' ?.........

I'm aware people of the far-left persuasion want monarchies abolished, but many don't !.......

Comment

My wireless is still wire-less. It isn’t really “living in the past” to use the correct (alternative) name for something

Would you say that the Wireless Festival (https://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/) is “living in the past”?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                      My wireless is still wire-less. It isn’t really “living in the past” to use the correct (alternative) name for something

Would you say that the Wireless Festival (https://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/) is “living in the past”?

Steve
                      With regard to a radio, the alternative name "wireless" is archaic.... but maybe not in the UK. You'd have to be over 100 to use that word in Australia!
                      It was always a misnomer, because radios had lots of wires (prior to the advent of transistor radios).

Never heard of the Wireless Festival. Why is it called that?

Comment

With regard to a radio, the alternative name "wireless" is archaic.... but maybe not in the UK. You'd have to be over 100 to use that word in Australia!
                        It was always a misnomer, because radios had lots of wires (prior to the advent of transistor radios).

Never heard of the Wireless Festival. Why is it called that?
                        Oh, well it may be archaic in Oz but it certainly isn’t in this green & pleasant land.

As as for the Wireless Festival, I have no idea why it’s called that. It was just the first hit I got when I Googled “wireless”

Steve

Comment

With regard to a radio, the alternative name "wireless" is archaic.... but maybe not in the UK.
                          Its pretty archaic, even in the UK, unless your over 80 or being ironic. If you say 'wireless', your probably going to put on your muffler and galoshes, before going out to the flicks, and finishing off the night with a slap up fish supper. In short, your living in 1955...

It is cruel and insulting for the likes of Nick Clegg and Polly Toynbee to say remain voters are 'dying off', as a justification for another vote.........
                          What we would like is an open, honest and untainted vote (although we can just Revoke Article 50 instantly until the 29th), without lies, corruption, cheating, illegal spending, and interference by hostile foreign states. And Jacob Rees Mogg himself argued that there should be a second vote on the actual 'deal' after a withdrawal from the EU had been agreed. And if MP's can vote at least twice on Mays 'deal', why cant we? So whats the problem? Especially since leave is so sure that everyone is behind them...

Actually, its Leave voters who are dying off - its basic demographics. Those too young to vote 3 years ago are now coming of age, and they want to stay - 82% or more, looking at polling. On the other hand, their grandparents often wanted to leave by almost the same margin, and many of them are simply no longer around. I have no idea if there will be a win for Remain, but polling has shown a clear 6-10 point margin for Remain for over a year. Which is probably why Leavers dont want a second vote - they are afraid.

And for all those who say there would be a huge backlash if Brexit was cancelled, just have a look at this pitiful 'march' by Farage and Co. - just 68 people! Farage himself apparently isnt bothering to march much, and seemingly then got into a minibus pretty quickly after that interview. BTW - the #LedByDonkey guys are fantastic.

700K of us marched in October, and I would be very surprised if are a lot more of us next week.

BTW - what is the obsession with royal families? There are six countries in Europe with Royal heads of state, plus Norway (in the Single Market), plus some principalities Of course, if Brexit happens, Northern Ireland will be part of the Republic within a decade, Gibraltar probably wont be British and the Queen will be monarch of an independent Scotland. Was that part of the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
                            Its pretty archaic, even in the UK, unless your over 80 or being ironic. If you say 'wireless', your probably going to put on your muffler and galoshes, before going out to the flicks, and finishing off the night with a slap up fish supper. In short, your living in 1955...

What we would like is an open, honest and untainted vote (although we can just Revoke Article 50 instantly until the 29th), without lies, corruption, cheating, illegal spending, and interference by hostile foreign states. And Jacob Rees Mogg himself argued that there should be a second vote on the actual 'deal' after a withdrawal from the EU had been agreed. And if MP's can vote at least twice on Mays 'deal', why cant we? So whats the problem? Especially since leave is so sure that everyone is behind them...

Actually, its Leave voters who are dying off - its basic demographics. Those too young to vote 3 years ago are now coming of age, and they want to stay - 82% or more, looking at polling. On the other hand, their grandparents often wanted to leave by almost the same margin, and many of them are simply no longer around. I have no idea if there will be a win for Remain, but polling has shown a clear 6-10 point margin for Remain for over a year. Which is probably why Leavers dont want a second vote - they are afraid.

And for all those who say there would be a huge backlash if Brexit was cancelled, just have a look at this pitiful 'march' by Farage and Co. - just 68 people! Farage himself apparently isnt bothering to march much, and seemingly then got into a minibus pretty quickly after that interview. BTW - the #LedByDonkey guys are fantastic.

700K of us marched in October, and I would be very surprised if are a lot more of us next week.

BTW - what is the obsession with royal families? There are six countries in Europe with Royal heads of state, plus Norway (in the Single Market), plus some principalities Of course, if Brexit happens, Northern Ireland will be part of the Republic within a decade, Gibraltar probably wont be British and the Queen will be monarch of an independent Scotland. Was that part of the plan?
                            I meant to say leave voters, not remain ones, my error........

Hope you have pleasant weather on your march........

Ah well, it is back to 1955 for me, I wish it was 1955, no EU to cause nothing but divisions in society (including mainland Europe) back then, aah, the good old days, a sing-song down the the pub, a fish and chip supper, and still have change from a florin !...........

Comment

Working...
                            X