A ban on women wearing gym gear in public

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ban on women wearing gym gear in public

Just heard on the radio that they want a ban on women wearing gym gear like leggings in public because of what they are wearing is too provactive towards men.

They are saying that gym gear is supposed to used in the gym and not outside of that

“The legging problem,” expresses her dismay at seeing college students in leggings at Mass on campus last fall. It has many incredible turns of phrase, such as, “I wonder why no one thinks it’s strange that the fashion industry has caused women to voluntarily expose their nether regions in this way,” and, “I thought of all the other men around and behind us who couldn’t help but see their behinds.”

I do not know where to start on that one.

When you say ‘they’, who are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
      When you say ‘they’, who are you talking about?
      The radio station that announced it earlier.

It seems to have come from here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47738053

Quite an old report given the date of 28 March 2019!!
      Last edited by Metro1962; 15th May 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

But who did they cite as a source of that nonsense?
        You should always quote the original source of a comment. Not just where you heard it

Steve

Comment

Quite an old report given the date of 28 March 2019!!
          So the ‘they’ who wants this ban is one, probably delusional, mother six weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

So the ‘they’ who wants this ban is one
            Sometimes it takes only one and then the ball starts rolling.

Comment

So it all started with one Catholic mum from Indiana?

Sometimes there’s a lot to be said for everyone NOT having a voice

Steve

Comment

The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...f-the-children

Comment

These are both non-stories. A woman in Indiana writes a letter and a hotel in New Zealand has a dress code for breakfast, Really, that’s it?

Comment

I wonder if the sight of Men in Gym-wear (or even just short trousers), is provocative to her ?..........lol..

I recall back in the day there was a campaign by some old-fogeys to 'ban' mini-skirts because they showed too much leg, saddo's with too much time on their hands are people who pass judgment on others.......

Comment

I can't see the problem as long as Jim doesn't mind !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                        I wonder if the sight of Men in Gym-wear (or even just short trousers), is provocative to her ?..........lol..

I recall back in the day there was a campaign by some old-fogeys to 'ban' mini-skirts because they showed too much leg, saddo's with too much time on their hands are people who pass judgment on others.......
                        Unfortunately, there are always been those amongst us who make I’ll-informed or spurious value judgements on other people, movies, and even television documentaries, without prior knowledge and/or entirely from their own prejudices- conscious or unconscious

The internet has empowered these people, who a generation ago would mutter into their cornflakes or hold forth in the pub, to feel they can can share these ‘views’ with the rest of us.

Comment

Surely more important is the attempted ban on abortions in Alabama!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                            Agreed. In fact, the title of this thread should be ‘Irrelevant Woman Writes Letter to College on Pointless Topic’. A much more accurate description of the source.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              That would put this thread offtopic though!!

Comment

Working...
                              X