Money talks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money talks

Remember Conrad Black? Dual citizenship, U.K. and Canada. Wanted to become a British Lord. Move to England, relinquishing his Canadian citizenship and became a British Lord. He wanted that title. He did not remain in Britain too many years. In Texas, I think, he owned a publishing company. He pilfered several millions from it , the Americans prosecuted him, he landed in prison. The money was never recovered. After serving about three and half years, he was released and came back to Canada. Under Canadian law, if you been in prison, that makes you ineligible for immigration purposes. He was allowed to come back for one year, to sell his mansion, and tidy up his affairs. It’s been about 3 years, he is still in Canada, written a book criticizing Canadian and American justice system, A Trump supporter, and now Donald Trump has pardon him. How money talks.
    me

"Yankee dollar talks
    To the dictators of the world
    In fact it's giving orders
    And they can't afford to miss a word"

The Clash.

When you think about the expenses scandal of our British MPs, it pales in comparison. As for me, I've only got two 10 shilling postal orders left in the bank. I used to be able to buy a lot of sweets with that money, back in the day.

Comment

Yes money talks. Articles about lord Conrad Black and baroness Black, former Barbara Ameil. Money always talks and opens doors. Look st the scandal now going on in some of the nations prestigious universities and colleges. Large amounts of money being handed over so their children will have a place. How money talks.

Comment

Here in Australia, a certain university is denying, in a roundabout way, that money talks. This is because this particular seat of learning has dropped its English standards in order for foreign students to enrol, and we all know what foreign students bring into the country..... Academics have raised this matter with the Uni concerned that the students cannot continue their courses with their standard of the English language. The Uni heads deny there are any problems, well, they would, wouldn't they? As they need foreign money-as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveT View Post
          ...and we all know what foreign students bring into the country.
          Do we?

Pray tell?

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Do we?

Pray tell?
            My daughter is a foreign student or rather she is studying abroad. She took lots of clothes, a snuggle pillow and her laptop. Oh, and her credit card, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

My daughter is a foreign student or rather she is studying abroad. She took lots of clothes, a snuggle pillow and her laptop. Oh, and her credit card, obviously
              Ah right! I presume that was what Clive meant.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Ah right! I presume that was what Clive meant.
                Glad to clarify that

Comment

Working...
                X