• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

What!? With 10 bars under your name?
    I know Shirl. Outrageous isn't it!!

Comment

What!? With 10 bars under your name?
      The bars under your name are equally pointless (the purpose of them is unknown)

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

The bars under your name are equally pointless (the purpose of them is unknown)

Steve
        I agree the bars are pointless, but genuine "likes" do have a point. (Genuine as opposed to spammed.)

Comment

pointless

Isn't this thread the same? 5 pages of it as well!!

Comment

I agree the bars are pointless, but genuine "likes" do have a point. (Genuine as opposed to spammed.)
            What point do they have? Especially when most people can’t see who “Liked” them? Even I can’t see who did it for some OST’s. They also don’t say why someone liked the. Liking something without giving any reason is pointless IMHO

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Isn't this thread the same? 5 pages of it as well!!
              Not while so many people seem to be under the illusion that there’s a point to “Likes”.

Steve

Comment

They're not genuine 'likes', BVS. Just ignore them.
                I know Shirley - thats why I was joining in the thread to help flag up the fact that they are not genuine - I will not bother again

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                  Shirley Brahms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry, BVS. I misunderstood.

Not while so many people seem to be under the illusion that there’s a point to “Likes”.

Steve
                That is a shame as there are lot of serious topics to post about and yet this sort of topic stays open!!

Comment

That is a shame as there are lot of serious topics to post about and yet this sort of topic stays open!!
                  You can always just post in one of the “serious” topics and ignore this one then

If we were to close this thread then someone else would likely just open a new thread about the same sort of thing

Steve

Comment

You can always just post in one of the “serious” topics and ignore this one then
                    I tried to offer up some serious new topics but of the Moderators decided to close it due to it not being suitable for a forum like this and it got bogged down with members not liking what I posted etc etc etc etc and yet it was a very serious subject but others wanted to sweep it under the carpet shall we say.

Comment

I tried to offer up some serious new topics but of the Moderators decided to close it due to it not being suitable for a forum like this and it got bogged down with members not liking what I posted etc etc etc etc and yet it was a very serious subject but others wanted to sweep it under the carpet shall we say.
                      Which topic(s) was that then? I can’t investigate it if you don’t tell me etc. etc. etc.

Steve

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                        Shirley Brahms commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hardly worth investigating, Steve. Just another bone being dug up.

Absolutely no probs Shirley,the only reason I originally joined this thread is that when I was confronted by 29 'likes' within 1 minute - I realised immediately that they were spurious - the problem is that of course one just dismisses the whole 29 using the 'dismiss all' button and one could be deleting a genuine notification unseen.

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
                        Shirley Brahms commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, it's a nuisance in the first place, but that risk makes it more so.

Originally posted by BVS View Post
                      Absolutely no probs Shirley,the only reason I originally joined this thread is that when I was confronted by 29 'likes' within 1 minute - I realised immediately that they were spurious - the problem is that of course one just dismisses the whole 29 using the 'dismiss all' button and one could be deleting a genuine notification unseen.
                      How are you being told about these "Likes"?

Is it when you sign in to the site (if so, where & how?) or are you getting a separate notification like an email?
                      Which post are they referring to?

Steve

Comment

They show up initially under notifications,I had 76.So you go to notifications and you see that one person liked your post about Judy.No identification as to whom liked your post.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                          They show up initially under notifications,I had 76.So you go to notifications and you see that one person liked your post about Judy.No identification as to whom liked your post.
                          Did they say which posts were “Liked”?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X