Clearing cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing cookies

I was trying to read Euryale's post about David Hedison & I got an error message saying that britmovies had redirected me too many times.
    It suggested I clear my cookies.
    I haven't got a clue. Any simple , clear advice would be much appreciated!

I can't get on there either, wadsy - and I made the post!

Rest of the forum seems okay.

E.

Comment

I have Google Chrome, and with this you first click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right of the tool bar. On the drop-down menu, select "More tools", and on the options then click on "Clear browsing data". Your next set of options will come up as to what you want to delete, and just tick the box for "cookies and other site data", and select the time range, for example, last hour or all-time. Finally click on "Clear data".

Comment

Cookies. Don't get me started. GDPR, the only reason I might be in favour of Brexit.
        https://eugdpr.org/
        We might have to make everyone re-register in order to force them to read the GDPR rules. As this is a US hosted website, the waters are muddier. We have no ads which is another plus.
        Pretty much every website is tracking you particularly google/facebook/amazon/walmart/asda but most frustratingly in order to see that you've read the GDPR rules and agreed - we're going to have to track you. Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
          I have Google Chrome, and with this you first click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right of the tool bar. On the drop-down menu, select "More tools", and on the options then click on "Clear browsing data". Your next set of options will come up as to what you want to delete, and just tick the box for "cookies and other site data", and select the time range, for example, last hour or all-time. Finally click on "Clear data".
          Thanks Carl V but will it effect anything else on my computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
            I can't get on there either, wadsy - and I made the post!

Rest of the forum seems okay.

E.
            Thanks Euryale. It must be that particular link!

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post

Thanks Carl V but will it effect anything else on my computer?
              You can use this to clear everything including browsing and download history, cached images, and password & auto fill-in when entering details on a website, for example if you're filling out a form.

What I would do if all you want to do is to clear cookies, on your final menu where you'll have options to tick on/off, select "Advanced" at the top (by default my PC is already set to that).

You'll have all your options of what you wish to delete, and again, by default all my options are ticked. Just untick what you want to keep hold of, and just leave ticked where it says "Cookies and other site data". This should clear that part only and leave everything else unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

You can use this to clear everything including browsing and download history, cached images, and password & auto fill-in when entering details on a website, for example if you're filling out a form.

What I would do if all you want to do is to clear cookies, on your final menu where you'll have options to tick on/off, select "Advanced" at the top (by default my PC is already set to that).

You'll have all your options of what you wish to delete, and again, by default all my options are ticked. Just untick what you want to keep hold of, and just leave ticked where it says "Cookies and other site data". This should clear that part only and leave everything else unaffected.
                Thanks again Carl V.

Comment

• Carl V
                  Carl V commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No problem, you're welcome.

Another option is to use system cleaning programs (both freeware) like
                ccleaner
                Wise Disk Cleaner

Sometimes saves going into each browser separately, one by one.

Re the privacy issues, I never use Google Chrome (refuse to have it installed on any computer I own). Similarly no browser I use has Google as its search engine, always use DuckDuckGo.

Comment

Working...
                X