Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a woman forces a man to have sex, is that rape?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a woman forces a man to have sex, is that rape?

Something I did not know but.....

When a man has penetrative sex with a woman without her consent, that's rape. But what if a woman makes a man have penetrative sex with her, without his consent? That's not rape under the law of England and Wales,

Did you know that above?

Some readers will find this story disturbing if you were to follow this link below...SO BE WARNED!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-49057533

WOW!!

But I am surprised at 0 responses

Comment

• Carl V
      Carl V commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't read too much into that as the number of "views" also include non-members of the forum who just happen to click on the thread title.

So according to the report, she was self-harming, then she punched him on the nose and giggled, then hits him on the head with a loudspeaker when in bed together.........sounds like she's definitely a sandwich short of a picnic to me.

But yes, it could be argued that sex without consent should work both ways, particularly in this modern age of equality.

Just a thought, it mentions this isn't rape under the law of England and Wales. I wonder if it's any different under Scottish law?
    Last edited by Carl V; 26th July 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
      sounds like she's definitely a sandwich short of a picnic to me.
      That would also apply to men as well.

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
      S

Just a thought, it mentions this isn't rape under the law of England and Wales. I wonder if it's any different under Scottish law?
      Not sure about Scottish law but I am quite astounded that is not under the law of England and Wales.

The following quotes are quite interesting.

"We're scared to talk about it and embarrassed, and when we do talk about it, we're not believed, because we're men. How can a man possibly be abused? Look at him, he's a man."

"One myth Weare's research dispels is that forced penetration is impossible because men are physically stronger than women. Another is that men view all sexual opportunities with women as positive."

"There's also research that shows women can respond sexually when they are raped (e.g. have an orgasm) because their body is responding physiologically. This is an issue for both male and female victims that is not discussed enough, but there is clear evidence in this area."
      Last edited by Metro1962; 26th July 2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
        That would also apply to men as well.
        In this particular instance, yes I'd agree, as I can't imagine many men putting up with this quite frankly. Judging by her behaviour, it seems pretty clear she's got some serious issues upstairs.

Comment

WOW!!

But I am surprised at 0 responses

What sort of response were you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

What sort of response were you looking for?
            Something along the lines of a discussion,That sort of response.

Comment

Something along the lines of a discussion,That sort of response.
              Ah!....ok.

Comment

In America we might say, she has a loose screw in her head or she is not dealing with a full deck. Mental problems.

Comment

This thread is, and should be, treated with the contempt it deserves.
                  A non-frivolous issue that should not be considered with a few throw-away one-liners in a chat room environment.

(Edited for clarity)
                  Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 30th July 2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
                    Topic is, and should be, treated with the contempt it deserves.
                    A non-frivolous issue that should be considered with more than a few throw-away one-liners in a chat room environment.
                    I agree, Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
                      Topic is, and should be, treated with the contempt it deserves.
                      A non-frivolous issue that should be considered with more than a few throw-away one-liners in a chat room environment.
                      I'm another in agreement. This could be the all time low at BritMovie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post

I'm another in agreement. This could be the all time low at BritMovie.
                        It’s certainly heading that way.

Comment

I have a question for the last 4 posters on here please explain.

Why is this topic not to your liking then?

Comment

Because this is a film forum!

If you want to discuss this sort of thing I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can do that.

Comment

Working...
                            X