Area 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area 51

I am sure, all Britmovie readers have heard of this area. Area where aliens have landed. Rumours that U.S. government agents have captured one of these aliens. Have him or her in some hidden bunker. True or rumours. Plenty of stories, tabloid fodder, films, television programs dealing with this subject. Many rumours about aliens kidnapping humans, then returning them to earth, lots of news coverage, over the years. Especially the tabloids. If true, aliens may have bad feelings for humans. When you come down to it, we are a violent species. Since the beginning of time, wars, killings, racial problems, do aliens exist?

I've come to the conclusion from my readings of the works of highly intelligent and serious people that aliens do exist. However, I would prefer to call them entities, because like us they are life forms, though often very different in appearance and abilities. The word "alien" alienates us, I feel.

Are they good or bad? All sorts exist, and whether we would regard them as good or bad in their intentions depends on the individual, or the race, or their stage of history and what their policies are at any one time. You could ask the same of humans: are we good or evil? The wasp that we chase and kill might think us evil, if it was capable of such a view. As for humans, imperialists could be regarded as evil, but as for Mandela and Gandhi, hardly. So it's not an easy question.

Then there is the question of evidence. Videos can be hoaxed. Individuals claiming encounters may be disbelieved. My stance is that not all such individuals are deranged or liars, just because they cannot necessarily provide evidence. Most of us accept without question that we and other people have night dreams, yet do we have proof that we do? Has anybody ever been able to produce a video of their dreams? No. So lack of evidence does not mean that something does not or cannot exist.

Here I will acknowledge member Billy Farmer and his old thread, "Do you believe in UFOs?" I will have plenty to say, though not over the next week or so (from Monday), because I will be busy. However, I will not forget that the main business of this forum is British movies and will continue to post my observations.

Comment

I did see something about Area 51 by the "UFO Hunters" team on YouTube. Sadly all the freebie programmes are being gradually pulled from YouTube. UFO Hunters is a good series - I must check out if there are DVDs to buy.

Comment

Entities can sometimes be hostile to humans. In Brazil in the 1970s they attacked and hunted the people of a poor and isolated region with beams, etc. Ufologist Jacques Vallee (and creator of the world's first chat program back in 1977!) went there to investigate and record the people's accounts in 'Confrontations' - a rather short, dry but alarming study. I will have much more to say about Mr Vallee later, for whom I have a high regard. Much more entertaining are these videos, dealing with the Brazilian occurrences.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares 1977 ufo sighting documentary:

Operation Saucer - UFO military encounters in the Brazilian jungle:

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out the point in joining a forum that discusses British TV and films, only to post topics about everything but ..... ??

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
            I'm still trying to figure out the point in joining a forum that discusses British TV and films, only to post topics about everything but ..... ??
            Who does that? Not me. Check my well-viewed film and TV topics, which greatly outnumber my off-topic discussions. Humans sometimes enjoy going off-topic to get to know each other. Tell me truly: are you a replicant? But seriously, I enjoy getting to know delightful members such as Miss Brahms in this fashion.

I'm still trying to figure out your point in visiting a topic that you consider has no point. Sticking with what has meaning for you is a more enjoyable and efficient way of negotiating life, I find. So if you don't like the subject - skedaddle!

Comment

I have witnessed a couple of UFO sightings and reported them to my local observatory and for them to answer me that the air space was clear that night of planes helicopters and satellites, they were real that I seen they looked like a little red star zig-zaging far out to Space. As for off topic I don't mind as it keeps the forum alive with people posting. As for the shows on these mysteries I love them, not for the UFOes but for all the countries they visit as it let's me see them and explore with them.

Comment

Excellent that you had some experiences. Interdimensional craft or entities (called 'paraphysical' by one military man) do not always register on radar. I'll get onto such subjects later.

Often I have read off-topic remarks on other forums and scoffed - only to go off and investigate them and end up enthralled and fascinated. Occasionally they have sparked off new interests for me, which I can then research. Life is a learning process - it's amazing what chance remarks can lead to. Best not to go through life focusing entirely on only a few things and not occasionally allowing in the off-beat.

Comment

I do have a pet hate however, why do shows investigating ghosts always show the faces of the ghost hunters? I want to see what they see even if it is one of the camera crew tripping on a bit of carpet, also I do get a laugh when they claim to be alone when clearly they are being followed by a crew. Oh another pet hate is their calling out to the ghosts in English and expecting the ghosts to answer no matter where they are in the World?

Comment

I think I need to look out my tinfoil helmet.

Originally posted by Derick Angerman View Post
                    I am sure, all Britmovie readers have heard of this area.
                    Yes, I have.

...where aliens have landed.
                    No they haven't. I'm sure you meant to say "where aliens are rumoured to have landed".
                    Last edited by narabdela; 28th July 2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
                      To be fair to Derick, he does post plenty of film related stuff, too. There is a very popular Doctor Who forum which attracts people who post exclusively on the off-topic sections, which I regard as very suspicious behaviour. These are invariably gun-nuts and right-wing trolls of a type which thankfully we don't get here at Britmovie.

Comment

Lt. Graves and his fellow pilots told the newspaper that "the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-pi...flying-object/

Comment

I am sure, all Britmovie readers have heard of this area. Area where aliens have landed.
                          Of course aliens have landed,One is in the White house and another one has been appointed Prime Minister for the UK.

Comment

Apologies. I am sorry if some of the Readers are upset over some of my threads in the off-topic discussion area. The caption in the off-topic discussion area does say, discussions concerning world news, sports, politics, weather, it does not specify, just discussions concerning Britain.

Comment

Apologies. I am sorry if some of the Readers are upset over some of my threads in the off-topic discussion area. The caption in the off-topic discussion area does say, discussions concerning world news, sports, politics, weather, it does not specify, just discussions concerning Britain.
                              There's no reason to apologise - this is the 'off-topic discussion' section after all, and UFO's/Area 51 is an interesting subject worth discussing and reading about.

Comment

Working...
                              X