Postal Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

This seems very wrong. There's a form to fill in when the postal service or customs need to know the contents. She should have given that to you first of all instead of taking your money first.
    Common sense and the British postal system are two expressions that seldom seem to overlap, Shirley. Time to close the whole lot down, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Well, my mistake was saying I didn't know. This was a case of my wife shouting out can you post that when you are up the high street. Having admitted I didn't know she refused to except it. What exactly is that process designed to prevent?
      There are certain things that you cannot send by post, so they have to ask.
      On the question of deliveries, in many an Agatha Christie story the butler would bring in "the afternoon post". Nowadays. all my post is afternoon post as my one delivery is between 1pm and 2pm. Still, at least I know when the postman is coming. When I order something from Amazon and they send it by Amazon Logistics, they send you an e-mail to say it will be delivered that day before 9pm, which means you have to stay in all day because you have no idea when they are going to deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

This seems very wrong. There's a form to fill in when the postal service or customs need to know the contents. She should have given that to you first of all instead of taking your money first.
        Hi Shirl. It's necessary to fill out customs consignment notes for overseas parcels ( as it is in Australia) but I was asked the same question
        as Paxton Milk when posting domestic parcels in England last week. I just said they contained clothing & they were accepted.
        In Australia you don't get queried about domestic parcels unless you need insurance!

Comment

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post

There are certain things that you cannot send by post, so they have to ask..
          And I am fine with that, Odeonman. I didn’t know what my wife was posting but it wasn’t battery acid or small animals, or whatever else is on the proscribed list. I wasn't asked if the parcel contains any of the following.., I was told since I couldn’t/wouldn’t tell them what was in it, I couldn’t post it.

It was a blouse, as it happens

Comment

Working...
          X