Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Classic/Interesting Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic/Interesting Cars

A couple of weeks ago we had an unscheduled/impromtu visit into the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum at Lathalmond,Fife we had been across to my old home town and had seen a couple of old wrecks driving along the road,we then remembered that we had seen an ad for a classic car meet at Lathalmond so we popped in for a looksee but did not have a camera with us,the following pics therefore are taken from an old phone,my other half was taking the pics and she was struggling to see anything in the phone screen which is why they are not always centred very well.

1950 Alvis TB14

TB14

1964 Lotus Cortina - this car was entered by one Derek Bell,I do not know if it is the Derek Bell but could be.

1921 Airdale Tourer

1956 Austin A50 - absolutely identical to my first car except mine was an A40 with 1200cc of pulsating power,the starting handle was often used

Comment

1923 Crossley Landaulette,we did take pics of the absolutely gorgeous interior but they did not come out well enough to keep unfortunately - beautiful car

Comment

Some lovely classic tin there BVS.
        A nice idea for a thread for us petrol heads..

Comment

Anybody - Please feel free to add any old cars you have owned/photographed

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post
            Anybody - Please feel free to add any old cars you have owned/photographed
            Don't know if it's of any interest, but I have a collection of black & white photographs of vintage cars from a small group of car enthusiasts who gather at my local garden centre a couple of times a year. I'm not able to identify the cars sadly, but I'm happy to try and upload some (I'm assuming I can do that straight from my computer). Unfortunately I don't have any in colour as black & white is my hobby and my darkroom isn't set up to do any colour processing.

Comment

Sounds interesting - would be good to see some vintage cars

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

Don't know if it's of any interest, but I have a collection of black & white photographs of vintage cars from a small group of car enthusiasts who gather at my local garden centre a couple of times a year. I'm not able to identify the cars sadly, but I'm happy to try and upload some (I'm assuming I can do that straight from my computer). Unfortunately I don't have any in colour as black & white is my hobby and my darkroom isn't set up to do any colour processing.
                If you have the photos in digital form (eg JPG, PNG) and you don't have a photo-sharing subscription to Flickr, you can always upload them to postimage.org (maybe consider resizing to about 800x600, then click the blue button to the right of the Direct Link URL to copy it and paste that into a posting).

I've got a lot of photos that I took at a classic car show on the Isle of Wight and on the forecourt of my local classic car garage in North Yorkshire. I'll post some of them.

Comment

Here are a few miscellaneous ones. I'll dig out the IOW show and Thornton le Dale garage ones tomorrow.

Austin A90 Atlantic at Abingdon Air Show, 16 May 2004

Humber Snipe at Abingdon Air Show, 16 May 2004

Comment

Open-top Ford Zephyr, car show on Peacock Lane in Bracknell, some time in the 1990s

That day is memorable because they were doing helicopter rides at the show and I had my first ride in a helicopter and had a grandstand view of the tower block where I worked, next to the field where the car show was held.

Comment

Here's a taster of the ones I took over the past few years at Matthewson's garage in Thornton le Dale near where I live...

Rover P5B 3500

The smell of the cream leather interior was almost enough to make me get my cheque book out (well, almost). Spot the missing gear-selector knob :-)

Comment

Some nice cars there Martin,I have not been to Abingdon since 2005 for the open day/fair although I was based there 1980-83 whilst in the RAF
                        I have also almost got my cheque book out on numerous occasions

Comment

As mentioned above - I was based at RAF Abingdon 1980-83,the 2 pics below were taken in Feb 1983 just before I left the RAF and became a 'civvy'.
                          The SA Bulldogs were operated by London University Air Squadron (10 a/c) and also Oxford UAS.(4 a/c)
                          The DHC Chipmunks (7 a/c) were operated by No 6 Air Experience Flight to give flying experience to Air Cadets.
                          Us groundcrew looked after all 3 units - operating out of 'B' Hangar + 2 remote flight lines across the other side of the airfield where the aircraft actually operated from with the exception of the first start up of the day.

Bulldog 08 - the last RAF aircraft I flew in (whilst in uniform ) - 'B' Hangar on the right, 'A' Hangar on the left (MT section)

Chipmunk 'Alpha ' with the Old Control tower + a Vulcan in the background,the Vulcan was extremely poular during airshows as hundreds of people could shelter under it during rain showers.

Last edited by BVS; 10th July 2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by martinu View Post

If you have the photos in digital form (eg JPG, PNG) and you don't have a photo-sharing subscription to Flickr, you can always upload them to postimage.org (maybe consider resizing to about 800x600, then click the blue button to the right of the Direct Link URL to copy it and paste that into a posting).

I've got a lot of photos that I took at a classic car show on the Isle of Wight and on the forecourt of my local classic car garage in North Yorkshire. I'll post some of them.
                            Thanks for your advice Martinu. My apologies for the delay in replying, but the day after my original post, my laptop decided to call it a day and I couldn't get it going again. I've only just got myself a new one literally a couple of hours ago, and I'm trying to find my way around it, so to speak. Luckily I have all my pictures backed up on an external drive, so I'll see what I can do with them over the next few days, all being well. Thank you again.

Comment

OK, here goes I hope. These are some shots I took back in 2013 in High Legh, Cheshire. It's a small gathering of car enthusiasts who come together at a garden centre every September.

Comment

Working...
                              X