No announcement yet.

Megxit, "We quit as senior Royals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Harry and Edward VIII are both involved in Nazi controversies.

Comment

r
      Originally posted by Gamelyn View Post
      Also, Harry and Edward VIII are both involved in Nazi controversies.
      Harry was just being silly and reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
        Oh dear, how sad, never mind..
        Neatly summed up, Tigon Man. Two people I don’t know and don’t care about have decided to move to Canada and forgot to mention it to their dad first. Big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Two people I don’t know and don’t care about have decided to move to Canada and forgot to mention it to their dad first. Big deal.
          I couldn't agree more. The night before last, a woman correspondent (don't remember her name) was being interviewed on the radio about the Royal family and the Harry and Megan situation, and she said the "Harry" we're seeing now is not the same "Harry" we all love. Can you believe it - we all love?? She should speak for herself! The only people I love are my own family and friends - not a stranger whom I've never met nor do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
            The only people I love are my own family and friends - not a stranger whom I've never met nor do I know.
            That's fine, I couldn't give a whatever about the couple. As for you, though, when are you going to stand down in favour of Carl VI? Or even just abolish the outdated Roman numerals and become Carl 5?

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post

That's fine, I couldn't give a whatever about the couple. As for you, though, when are you going to stand down in favour of Carl VI? Or even just abolish the outdated Roman numerals and become Carl 5?
              I won't be standing down just yet Garth - I'll be on the throne for a good while, if health permits.
              Actually, the 'V' is the initial of my surname, so you may be glad to hear there aren't another 4 Carl's before me. That would be far too many for one forum.

Comment

Perhaps that big house, at the end of Pall Mall, should be re-named 'Jurassic Perks'?

Comment

Look at this room full of schmoozers and wannabes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

George Clooney got an invitation to the wedding so surely he can return the favour by funding a major motion-picture love story starring himself and the provisional, part-time princess!

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
                    Look at this room full of schmoozers and wannabes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

George Clooney got an invitation to the wedding so surely he can return the favour by funding a major motion-picture love story starring himself and the provisional, part-time princess!
                    For a second there I thought Elton was a lift operator!

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Agreed, good to know they are working towards financial independence, let’s hope they get there one day.
                      I suspect Meagan will now be getting some voiceover work in Hollywood to pay the rent. Does she have a distinctive voice as I have no idea what she sounds like?

Incredible moment Prince Harry 'touts' Meghan Markle for Disney voiceover job

The Duke of Sussex's conversation with Hollywood mogul Bob Iger at the Lion King premiere last year was caught on camera by a fan. The Prince is seen telling the exec that Meghan is 'really interested' in voiceover work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...touts-21264018

Comment

It's going to annoy me if they still carry on giving speeches and meeting politicians and things. Because who are they, if not royals? She's an ex-actress, and a minor one at that. It's not like she was A-list, she appeared in a few episodes of tv crime dramas. He's a bloke that used to be in the army. I don't think they should be treated as anything other than private citizens. Their fame comes from being royal, there's no reason for them to be famous without it.

I'm a bit confused as to why they've moved to Canada, what's the connection to Canada? Or did they pick it out of a hat? Why move from the UK at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamelyn View Post
                          It's going to annoy me if they still carry on giving speeches and meeting politicians and things. Because who are they, if not royals? She's an ex-actress, and a minor one at that. It's not like she was A-list, she appeared in a few episodes of tv crime dramas. He's a bloke that used to be in the army. I don't think they should be treated as anything other than private citizens. Their fame comes from being royal, there's no reason for them to be famous without it.
                          Maybe not, but that's not how it works. Harry has royal blood whether he wants it or not. Can't be undone. So he'll always have a huge fan base and they will always need bodyguards and security arrangements. Living as private citizens would be a pipe-dream for them in that regard.

I'm a bit confused as to why they've moved to Canada, what's the connection to Canada? Or did they pick it out of a hat?
                          Speculatively, to be closer to M's mother, but not wanting to live in the USA. The American press would never leave them alone. British royalty has a huge following in America. They might be thinking they'll have more privacy in Canada. Besides, it's a beautiful country, so why not?

Why move from the UK at all?
                          To make a fresh start away from the royal environment, the pesky public adulation and attention and the nasty British gutter-press.

Comment

Sending Harry to Canada would be the equivalent of kicking a ginger. Canada is a large country with a small population that punches well below its weight. Unlike say Scotland, which punches well above its weight on the world stage. Culturally, Canada produces nothing of note, and its films are lifeless and boring.

Many Canadians also use my language, English, without paying a fee for it. Disgraceful. They should all be forced to speak Inuit from now on.

Canada is also a Commonwealth realm, meaning our Queen is their head of state. So of course they should pay something towards the royal family and pay all Harry and Meghan's costs. And if they refuse, Mark O should raid his piggy bank and pay their costs out of his overtime. In any case, Harry is bound to have an affair then get divorced eventually, like most of the wilder males in his family. I can just see him cosying up to a nice Inuit girl.

Comment

• garth
                              garth commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, it's time for our royal family to be spread out through the Commonwealth realms. I think Harry should actually be sent to Australia, since he's a brash extrovert who has occasionally got into escapades. Quiet decent Edward - is he an introvert? - should be sent to New Zealand. Princess Anne, who is rather cold and frosty, should be sent to Canada instead of Harry. Andrew would clearly be better suited to Papua New Guinea. He'd look good with a bone through his nose.

• Shirley Brahms
                              Shirley Brahms commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The Republican Party in Tasmania is offering H & M life membership. :grin:
                              Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 17th January 2020, 01:36 PM.

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

I won't be standing down just yet Garth - I'll be on the throne for a good while, if health permits.
                            Actually, the 'V' is the initial of my surname, so you may be glad to hear there aren't another 4 Carl's before me. That would be far too many for one forum.
                            I thought Carl II was the best one. IMO the series went downhill after that when they got a new director in...

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post
                              Sending Harry to Canada would be the equivalent of kicking a ginger. Canada is a large country with a small population that punches well below its weight. Unlike say Scotland, which punches well above its weight on the world stage. Culturally, Canada produces nothing of note, and its films are lifeless and boring.
                              Bit harsh. The Revenant was made in Canada, as was Brokeback Mountain, Deadpool, Capote etc. etc. Canadian actors include Donald Sutherland, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Rachel McAdams; while the country has also produced the likes of Atom Egoyam, Norman Jewison, David Cronenberg, Paul Haggis...

I would say it’s made a pretty significant contribution to cinema. They have my profound sympathy that they have now got to endure those two users living there.

Comment

• Carl V
                                Carl V commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I must also add the great Leslie Nielsen to your list of Canadian actors.
                            Working...
                            X