X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    Originally posted by garth View Post

Dear me, Miss Brahms. How can you even consider yourself a true Australian? Oh, I forgot - you don't - you're 'British'.
    I'm an Anglo-Celtic Australian party-pooper.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
    So do I, Garth, and I'm not even on the Asperger's scale.
    Dear me, Miss Brahms. How can you even consider yourself a true Australian? Oh, I forgot - you don't - you're 'British'.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Brahms
    replied

Oh NO!!! Please tell me you didn't like THEM?! I mentioned the 1970s because it was the last decade that I went to a party. They're not my thing at all, but then I've mentioned I'm somewhat on the Asperger's scale, and my social skills do not stretch far enough to negotiate chaos - or chaos with strangers - which is how I think of parties.
    So do I, Garth, and I'm not even on the Asperger's scale.

Leave a comment:

• cassidy
    replied

Marmite?! Blergh! Tastes like bitter beer, and I have a sweet tooth.
    Try Marmite on toast with a poached egg on top, love it !!

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    "Rap" definition somewhere on the web: a type of popular music of US black origin in which words are recited rapidly and rhythmically over an instrumental backing.

Sometimes the stories and rhyming are quite clever, but rap definitely should not be called "music". The instrumental backing is just rhythmical thumping. It's not a musical composition by means.

Not sure in what category it belongs.....
    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 15th February 2020, 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Carl V
    replied
    Originally posted by BVS View Post

You missed the 'C' off the front Carl
    Very true BVS. It's certainly not my idea of "music".

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Originally posted by BVS View Post

It’s a silent C at the start of ‘rap’

Leave a comment:

• BVS
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl V View Post

Rap is one of the few types of music I don't go for.

Leave a comment:

• Carl V
    replied
    Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Some of the early 70's and 80's albums and singles are quite collectable nowadays and can fetch quite a bit especially the limited edition coloured vinyl.

Later on nearly every 12' were Limited Editions but this was used as a sales ploy to make people buy one.
    You're right, some albums do indeed go for quite a tidy sum. I can say with confidence that none of mine would however, and I certainly don't have any coloured vinyl sadly.

When CD's were introduced in 1983, I was buying less and less vinyl and gradually started buying compact discs instead - in fact most of my pop/rock CD collection is 80's music, but I do have quite a varied taste in music from all decades. Rap is one of the few types of music I don't go for.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied

I started buying lots of records and CD's in the early 80's - in fact around the time I left school and went to college, which was in 1982........oh, what I'd give to re-live those years again.
    Some of the early 70's and 80's albums and singles are quite collectable nowadays and can fetch quite a bit especially the limited edition coloured vinyl.

Later on nearly every 12' were Limited Editions but this was used as a sales ploy to make people buy one.

Leave a comment:

• Carl V
    replied

Oh NO!!! Please tell me you didn't like THEM?! I mentioned the 1970s because it was the last decade that I went to a party. They're not my thing at all, but then I've mentioned I'm somewhat on the Asperger's scale, and my social skills do not stretch far enough to negotiate chaos - or chaos with strangers - which is how I think of parties.
    Never had any records of them to be honest with you. In fact, I hardly ever bought any records as a youngster - most of what I had were bought for me as presents. I mentioned Showaddywaddy because a lad I used to hang around with when I was about 13/14 years old was really into them. He had all their albums and merchandise.....posters, T-shirts, you name it, he had them.

I started buying lots of records and CD's in the early 80's - in fact around the time I left school and went to college, which was in 1982........oh, what I'd give to re-live those years again.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied

Are you by any chance holding a 70's party? If you are and I'm invited, I'll bring along my Showaddywaddy LP to set the mood nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Carl V
    replied
    Who can remember the name of those long thin sticks (longer and thinner than breadsticks, I believe, and lacking their rounded ends) that people used to eat at parties (n England) in the 1970s? They had a commercial name that I can't remember. They were very plain and savoury (but not cheesy) with a boring flavour.
    Are you by any chance holding a 70's party? If you are and I'm invited, I'll bring along my Showaddywaddy LP to set the mood nicely.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Dando View Post
    Twiglets were smeared with Marmite so unlikely to be classed as bland.
    Marmite?! Blergh! Tastes like bitter beer, and I have a sweet tooth.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Dando
    replied
    Twiglets were smeared with Marmite so unlikely to be classed as bland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X