Life, the universe, and the paranormal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Because God and the Devil are intrinsically linked. I am not talking about evil, with a small ‘e’, but the Devil as a religious concept.
    Then I don't know enough about the concept or why they are intrinsically linked.

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post

Then I don't know enough about the concept or why they are intrinsically linked.
      Then I would suggest you shouldn’t be commenting about the Christian faith

Comment

Then I would suggest you shouldn’t be commenting about the Christian faith
        You authoritarian, you.

Comment

You authoritarian, you.
          As mentioned earlier the God/Devil debate makes no sense in the context of the thread it’s been moved to. I do t see the relevance of religion in a thread about the paranormal

Comment

As mentioned earlier the God/Devil debate makes no sense in the context of the thread it’s been moved to. I do t see the relevance of religion in a thread about the paranormal
            That depends on your point of view. Some count the divine as being at least part of the 'supernatural' - not a term I favour.

Comment

That depends on your point of view. Some count the divine as being at least part of the 'supernatural' - not a term I favour.
              Not sure who counts the Living God (their term, not mine) as an element of the paranormal. You certainly would not get many CofE vicars agreeing with that. In fact, the only relevance I can see would be for people denigrating religious beliefs - not something that we should go into as a thread.

Comment

the only relevance I can see would be for people denigrating religious beliefs - not something that we should go into as a thread.
                I'm not trying to do that, but it's not illegal either. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the Abrahamic faiths - they don't say anything to me or resonate with me at all.

In fact, my topic title does cover theology: "Life, the universe....".

Comment

I'm not trying to do that, but it's not illegal either. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the Abrahamic faiths - they don't say anything to me or resonate with me at all.

In fact, my topic title does cover theology: "Life, the universe....".
                  I have no time at all for organized religion, but it is a subject that evokes strong feelings and it generally best avoided, especially if you are suggesting it belongs on the same sphere as the paranormal

Comment

if you are suggesting it belongs on the same sphere as the paranormal
                    It's a question of definition. The Christopher Lee topic did mention satanism, and some people equate Satan with the Devil of the Abrahamic religions. Satanists, however, claim that their god was abused in Christian beliefs that came later. Still, it wasn't my intention to get into theology here, though I may briefly touch on Hinduism later.

Comment

Interestingly, on the subject of suffering and the food chain, I found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...ed-pet-rabbits

EXTRACT:

"I had two rabbits as pets
                      and I arrived home from school one day and there was that smell I’d almost forgotten, of meat. Then I realised that Mamá had roasted my pets and I cried a lot. My mother pressed us to eat them and we all did. The rabbits tasted very good, obviously – I was a kid and I sort of got distracted. I was very sad, but I ate."

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
                        . . . I recall a woman in Australia a few years ago that headed some sort of weird cult. . .
                        That sounds like the late Diane Cilento. She was getting raddled and hard-to-deal-with in her final years.

She built a Karnak Temple in the hot wet rainforest. And there was some untold murkiness at the time her last husband, Anthony Shaffer, died.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

That sounds like the late Diane Cilento. She was getting raddled and hard-to-deal-with in her final years.

She built a Karnak Temple in the hot wet rainforest. And there was some untold murkiness at the time her last husband, Anthony Shaffer, died.
                          Well I did suggest to garth in post #8 that it was going to be tricky.

I can only presume that this sort of scurrilous ******** is designed to provoke.
                          Last edited by narabdela; 16th February 2020, 08:11 AM. Reason: Deciced to be polite and replaced original word with asterisks.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

It was definitely not Diane Cilento!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by wadsy; 16th February 2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe somebody should start a thread on Ms Cilento. I never realised she was married to Shaffer, who I understand wrote the wonderful plot for 'The Wicker Man'. And of course, Ms Cilento appeared in that film.

Comment

Some have said on here that God and the Devil do not exist.

So those who believe that have some sort of evidence to prove that one or both do not exist and if so can you present evidence to back this up please?

Comment

Working...
                                X