Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley Brahms
    commented on 's reply
    I think it would be a good idea if we ALL ignored your silly posts.

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
    Erm You asked for a quote from a post and I gave you one
    What about my other question: "And who are the others? You said "some have said". That's more than one."

Apologies if my question to you was so difficult to answer,So let me simplify it

Do you believe that God and the Devil exist?
    That's a completely different question. You asked (in a rather garbled way) for some sort of evidence to prove that one or both do not exist. Illogical and silly.

As per usual, you are digging yourself further and further into the mire with every comment you make, so why not just leave it alone now.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied
    Originally posted by narabdela View Post

That is just wrong, on so many levels.
    Maybe to you it is but not to me.

She asked me a question thinking she would catch me out but it did not work so my post above makes a lot of sense.

Maybe she should stop quoting and answering on my posts.She has been told enough times not to but she still carries on.
    Last edited by Metro1962; 17th February 2020, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied

It is impossible to answer a question that makes no logical sense.
    Apologies if my question to you was so difficult to answer,So let me simplify it

Do you believe that God and the Devil exist?

Leave a comment:

• narabdela
    replied

You should keep up with what is being posted on these boards otherwise you could end up being something.

That is just wrong, on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
    It's not in this thread. When you quote from another thread you should say so rather than make a vague reference.

That's not true. I challenge you to quote a single post where someone has said that.

Erm You asked for a quote from a post and I gave you one,Not my fault you assumed it was going to be from this thread.

You should keep up with what is being posted on these boards otherwise you could end up being something.

Leave a comment:

• narabdela
    replied

So you are avoiding my question then
    No, I was pointing out the severely flawed logic in the question you asked. It is impossible to answer a question that makes no logical sense. Miss Brahms suggested that your boots might be on the wrong feet. I'm afraid that he phrase "a*** over t**" sprang to mind when I read your post.

narabdela has said there is no fact that a supreme being exists and therefore he is saying that there is no God .
    Did you study Comprehension at school? You appear to have forgotten some of the basics of how to interpret the written word.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    narabdela has said there is no fact that a supreme being exists and therefore he is saying that there is no God (ie supreme being) so there is the quote you requested.
    It's not in this thread. When you quote from another thread you should say so rather than make a vague reference.
    And who are the others? You said "some have said". That's more than one.

You have a very strange way of interpreting what people say. Saying that the existence of a supreme being is a belief, not a proven fact is not the same as saying there is no God. You put words into people's mouths. Even believers most likely would agree it's a belief, not a proven fact.
    Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 17th February 2020, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied

If you can prove to me that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, I'll treat that post seriously. Until such time I'll treat it with all the consideration it deserves.
    So you are avoiding my question then

Leave a comment:

• Metro1962
    replied

That's not true. I challenge you to quote a single post where someone has said that.

I have no problem with religion per se, but the existence of a supreme being is a belief, not a proven fact.

narabdela has said there is no fact that a supreme being exists and therefore he is saying that there is no God (ie supreme being) so there is the quote you requested.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by garth View Post

You are basing this on Dawkins' arguments and taking the risk that they are sound. In your view, they are,..
    That’s exactly how expert testimony works. That, and the fact that the case for the defense is so weak.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
    this level of probability would be enough for a court of law to conclude on side of ‘against’ God’s existence.
    You are basing this on Dawkins' arguments and taking the risk that they are sound. In your view, they are, but not all agree. It's one life's conundrums that we can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a top being. We are limited beings who are far from omniscient. As the philosopher Kierkegaard angrily demanded with regard to our existential predicament, "I want to speak to the Manager!"

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Richard Dawkins, a very clever man, asserts in The God Delusion, that on a scale of 1-7, with one being absolute certainly of his existence and 7 being absolute certainty that he doesn’t, God would be sitting comfortably (or uncomfortably) on 6. He provides some compelling arguments to support that view and this level of probability would be enough for a court of law to conclude on side of ‘against’ God’s existence.

Leave a comment:

• narabdela
    replied
    Some have said on here that God and the Devil do not exist.

So those who believe that have some sort of evidence to prove that one or both do not exist and if so can you present evidence to back this up please?
    If you can prove to me that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, I'll treat that post seriously. Until such time I'll treat it with all the consideration it deserves.
    Last edited by narabdela; 16th February 2020, 01:05 PM. Reason: added 'it'.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    I'd always assumed Metro1962 was the Horn-ed Beast himself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X